Another new laptop

steve7713

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am looking for a new laptop and was wanting to get it this week end, I am using a dell c600 P3 1gig, I have been looking around and the local one that looks good value for money for me is Buy COMPAQ CQ62-230 | 15.6 - Specification | Comet but I have been unable to find any kind of review about it any thought about it?

I know its cheap but its only a T3300 processor and yes it would a huge leap up from what you currently use. I would spend a few extra quid and pick up something with a T4400 to give you a bit more future proofing.

What I also should have said is I have a desktop for the heavy stuff, I use VNC to run control it from the laptop.

As I could not find a review I was wondering how the build quality and service is from Compaq.

I have reserved one on-line, I have found out it is the same one that is in the paper today.

I got my wife a compaq lappy a few months ago when they had the £75 cashback offers on, the offer is still on until 31st August so may be worth a look around for one of the models listed, you may get a better spec slightly dearer but will work out cheaper with cashback. I did get the £75 cheque so its legit deal. Decent solid enoough build.

Compaq Cash Back

Just seen this one, its red but decent enough specs and has hdni out aswell.

Maybe oneman could tell you more about the specs and processor.

SAMSUNG R530 buy online | Currys

From what I have come across, no real issues with Compaq I think HP position them as a corporate item. Don't seem to be as popular in the consumer market but there does not seem to be any major problems.

Well I picked up the laptop, a lot to get used to including wide screen instead of 4:3 but I did not realise who dull the old one was.

I keep tripping over the keyboard at the moment as there is extra button, time will resolve that.

The speaker are better than I expected.

But I am not convinced about the touch pad and buttons, the button is one long bar and very stiff, they may loosen over time, but I do not think so. I do use double tap on the touch pad and I find that is does not respond very well and the mouse moves on the second tap and I end up opening something else.

Final comment about the touch pad, it is flush with the palm rest, its easy to wander off the pad. I think I would get use to that.

Also the first time with windows 7, another learning curve.

Last edited:
Back