Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ambit 200/250 configuration tool - New release

Hihi

It should but I've heard it doesn't on the 250 for some reason, that will be fixed in the next release

Hihi

What have you changed between then and now, the software hasn't changed

If you can't telnet in at all then try disabling and enabling the telnetd in the sigma web interface, it tends to go a bit deaf after a few incorrect login attempts

Incidentally, since nobody has replied to say they're using 640x480 the next version won't fit in that mode, 800x600 will be the minimum you can use it in.

Hihi

Ooh, a cultural reference I've never seen before and don't even slightly understand

Also, your sig is too wide -.o

Hihi

Ooh, a cultural reference I've never seen before and don't even slightly understand

Also, your sig is too wide -.o

take it you don't watch ideal, theres a big gay bald guy on it always says hihi, wish my signature was bigger lol

Hihi
might wanna cherish it mate, won't ever happen again!!!! lol
Won't at the minute, we're languishing in the conference :(

Nearly got promoted this time as well, but the usual bad management is to blame, meh

Still, at least the tickets are cheap :p

Changes in what will be version 0.95 after some feedback

Setting of CM USB NIC MAC is supported

Enabling of BPI fix working on 250 (I hope) and switchable either way by a checkbox

Newer larger interface with larger font for debug window (some couldn't read it)

Bug fixed in bootloaderflashing code where a file wasn't closed if it failed causing errors when people tried again...

Here's a grab, expect finished version in a couple of days

tool-095-01.jpg

What you might get but shouldn't count on:

CM Terminal builtin
TFTP server
Better online help
Full firmware flashing

Although those will definitely be present in the final release

looks great & thanks for the effort you're putting in.

btw: sorry to sound thick but what's 'BPI' and should i be enabling/disabling it on 250's?

much appreciated

Hihi

You'll know if you need to disable it, you'll only get an IP of 192.168.100.11 when everything else is right, it should be disabled by default with the current tool although I've been told that doesn't always work on the 250...

The new one gives you the option, I don't think disabling it when you don't need to would pose a problem or I'd have had a few messages about it mysteriously not working but I've added an option all the same because I'm not 100% sure about it...

Hihi

Well, new one is done, got the built in terminal finished too although it could be better

tool-095-03.png

I'm just waiting on an answer to a USB question before I can insert the last details and release it, did ask in another thread hoping for a quicker answer but didn't get one, lol

I need to know which MAC I need to set to set the built in USB NIC mac on the 200/250, as in 1 is the usual cablemodem mac you'd want to change, I know the USB is one of two MACs and I'm leaning towards one of those but until someone tells me for certain, I'm not just assuming that and ending up rather red faced ;p

great tool mate saved me a right load of arse ache thanks to u and bro telling me about ur ambit tool id still be copying and pasting , so looking forward to ur new release cheers biffo

Hihi

Okay, new one is done, find it in the download area as usual, comments here and not there please -.o

btw, i asked what its coded in because i would advice about protecting it m8. i have had some of my stuff i coded in C# stolen before so..

VB? nothing wrong with VB mate if you can keep it clean and you seem to be able. wish i could code that stuff though, most the stuff i coded is based on hacking. i never looked into using the telnet protocol.

Brilliant work though!

Last edited:
Hihi

Ahh, never used C#, lol, should get round to learning it at some point

There's quite a bit wrong with VB, it just happened to suit the task -.o

The telnet (TCP) protocol is easy, I have to fiddle with UDP for the tftp server needed for the full firmware updating, now that's going to be hard, UDP is kinda a fire and forget protocol

Back