Ambit 200/250 configuration tool - New release

just had a look at this looks cool , but how come it wont let me change config or tftp ? cheers

works great..

got me 200 on sigma running... had probs all night getting it running.. changed the mac using this and it musta set settings that i had forgot :D mucho happy now :D

top tool

Hihi

Ahh, yes, it does set all the settings, it gets frequency/annex etc. from the area you select, it also erases and resets everything, it's meant to be used immediately after the flashing but you can use it at any time really (particularly when 1.06 goes into its failure mode where it'll give you only an IP of 192.168.100.11)

The bootloader reflashing works reasonably well too, tried it over a dozen times with no failures, handy if you want to replace your sigma with another sigma (or the shelled image) it'll do that, best to use the network to flash the bootloader though, not prone to the same sorts of errors as serial links...

I'm open to suggestions for new features and other firmwares to support (although only for the 200 and 250, I don't have any other types of modem)

Last edited:
has anybody tried this on vista, it keeps coming up with an error message when i try loading software. It says component 'mswinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

has anybody tried this on vista, it keeps coming up with an error message when i try loading software. It says component 'mswinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Drag the mswinsck.ocx over the regsvr32 and it will register it :)

That file is included in the archive...

or at least it should be

~looks~

Yes, both the required OCX's are present

Also, I made a point of trying it in vista when I installed it on my laptop yesterday (vista that is, evil operating system, it'll be coming off) and it worked fine...

Not sure why it failed for you

i am using vista nad it works perfect , pity you couldnt use it to flash aswell instead of having to use max232 lol , i know just being lazy lol nice work m8

Hihi

Well, actually that /is/ possible but it would take around 13-14 hours to flash the whole thing!

Given you could make a max232 interface in a fraction of that time and the increased risk of something going wrong with a flash that size I decided against it, if you really want it it could be added though... (although only for the 2MB images, not sure where to put the other ones)

Was also thinking of building a very basic TFTP server into it and something to handle the flashing for you (assuming both cables are connected), thoughts on that?

lol lost me there like , its kewl the way it is , does the job perfect , if i send u my own picture could you do me a custom program lol

Hihi

Haha, no, you get Chii ;p

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for modified versions with names changed and so on too, I've had problems with that sort of thing in the past

A long time ago I wrote an AIM client for linux called CAIM, about 6 months later another client appeared called Bonim which was actually CAIM with a find and replace done on the client name and the author name changed! Granted it was open source but that's still, erm, extracting the urine a bit -.-

awww ok , cheers for program though , just dont like manga or wot ever its called lol

OCX not found problem

Hihi

Found what was causing that, it's if you stick the folder somewhere and make a shortcut to it it'll throw up that error

the solution is pretty simple, move the two ocx files from the program folder to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM and it'll find them and work fine

i can comfirmed it does work by do what hideki daid ...nice app m8 annex mode seems to be spot on just dont 3 255's only having to set it once and editing the mac no need for reconnect to read settings everytime ...me like

Hihi

It doesn't work with 255s or it does? I saw some on sale on ebay, said they were 100% compatible with the 250 but ebay sellers will say anything...

I know the annex is right for Ex C&W and Teleworst, I'm not sure about NTL pure, do some NTL pure people need the cm_annex 3 line and some not? added the check box in case that's how it is but there seems to be conflicting information in the tutorials which isn't helping matters, lol

Curiously that OCX problem doesn't show up if you just unpack it and run it straight from its folder which is what I was doing, not sure why it does when you use a shortcut (it still does it even if the working directory is correct, typical windows -.-)

looks good mate thanks will it work on the motorola's as well ??? mate if not tested ill test it on em

Hihi

It doesn't work with 255s or it does? I saw some on sale on ebay, said they were 100% compatible with the 250 but ebay sellers will say anything...

I know the annex is right for Ex C&W and Teleworst, I'm not sure about NTL pure, do some NTL pure people need the cm_annex 3 line and some not? added the check box in case that's how it is but there seems to be conflicting information in the tutorials which isn't helping matters, lol

Curiously that OCX problem doesn't show up if you just unpack it and run it straight from its folder which is what I was doing, not sure why it does when you use a shortcut (it still does it even if the working directory is correct, typical windows -.-)
hi m8 it works perfectly on the 255's just did 3 and ther all firing and as far as the annex mode for ntl its usually b when using hyper term or b or 3 when using the configurator

i was using the program straight from the folder until i saw ur ur post for the shortcut so i decided to try it out to see if it would work for me so i just copy the the 2 files paste then in system without deleting them from the program folder then created shortcut on the desktop and it worked find for me

looks good mate thanks will it work on the motorola's as well ??? mate if not tested ill test it on em
I don't think it will, it works only on the modems and firmwares supported, if you can flash the sigma firmwares to a Surfboard 5100 then it'd probably work if set as an ambit 200 and with the correct firmware but otherwise no

It's a case of me having to actually have modems of the required types, I'm about to buy two more so if you can suggest common ones besides the 200/250 I'll get those and add support for them

Back