Ambit 200/250 configuration tool - New release

Hihi

You can just change the password in the box before you connect

You could also change them in firm-1-0.ini if you really wanted to

I will probably add functionality later on so that if you change them in the box it changes the values in the firmware ini file, I'm also going to add a manual option to the Area so people can put in their own frequency etc. if in Ireland or w/e, seems easier than asking for information for inclusion <rant>since nobody can be bothered to actually send me it it seems, had a couple of people asking about that and in both cases I've said email me the details for your area and I'll include it, never heard anything back though -.-</rant>

I'm seriously considering expanding it a bit, adding support for flashing full firmware images without a max232, it will take hours though (estimate 12.8 hours for a full 2MB file or around 6 hours for an upgrade image)

Also will add a TFTP server once I've perused the appropriate RFC, wouldn't need to be much, just select a file and have it return that one whatever is requested

I think a bare minimum terminal so you can control the modem yourself from the program wouldn't hurt too, I realise you can just use hyperterminal or telnet/putty but might as well have everything in one place

Probably start work on that in a day or two anyway so expect the final beta a couple of days after that

Any update on progress to the update on your program.
and thanks again for this one.

sinky

Hihi
Any update on progress to the update on your program.
and thanks again for this one.

sinky
Ahh, some progress, I took a break to play some squaresoft games and get a releasable 3.6 Gemini mod together (which I actually uploaded yesterday)

As for the flashing, that's somewhat improved, looks like this currently:
tooln1.jpg

That's the command based software flashing that takes hours and doesn't require a max232 mind, still no tftp server yet, since this release is working okay I'll probably take a bit of time over getting everything I want in the new one as I progress in the direction of 1.0, lol

Expect a testing release in a week or two in any case

Now that looks cool I for one will be intrested in it when released.

sinky

oooooo will this flashing work on unmodified modems? or only ones which already have had a max on them?

I'm not shure but I think it will but will take hours to do,

sinky

Hihi
oooooo will this flashing work on unmodified modems? or only ones which already have had a max on them?
Only ones that have been flashed at some point, it can do the tricky, it can't do the impossible, lol

It's really aimed at sigma users who need to reflash a working bootloader and people who had a mate with a max232 do them and/or bought a preflashed modem on eBay (£150 some people are selling those for! Robbing bastards...)

Hihi

Why do you need it to be able to do that? the USB MAC jsut replaces your ethernet NIC MAC, the CM MAC is always the one presented to the network, unless you're using your subbed modem to do the naughty (which you bloody shouldn't be, ebay one) then why would it matter?

Guy on another forum requested it just thought i'd ask :)

Hihi

Only ones that have been flashed at some point, it can do the tricky, it can't do the impossible, lol

It's really aimed at sigma users who need to reflash a working bootloader and people who had a mate with a max232 do them and/or bought a preflashed modem on eBay (£150 some people are selling those for! Robbing bastards...)

thanks for the reply. i was just curious about what you ment with the flashing.

Thanks for the hard work.

Thats a nice little GUI you've made up there, good set of reliable features too. Good job Hideki.

mind me asking what this is coded in? C#? nice work mate.

Hihi
mind me asking what this is coded in? C#? nice work mate.
Erm, VB ~cough~

While I use C routinely in linux and on the pocketpc, I've neve found it particularly good for developing apps quickly in windows -.o;

Dont' know C++ or C#, just plain old C, lol

Just wondering will this work on a ambit 200 which I flashed but at the end it crashed

Sinky

Hihi

It might, it depends... if you can get into it via th max232 or telnet to enter commands then yes, you can reflash another bootloader and flash it with different firmware

aah no it doesnt m8 in exc&w area's near bpi is enable and i always have to have to run disable command

Hihi

Err, well, it's meant to disable it, I have a distinct memory of adding the code to do exactly that, lol, I'd better check it although I am in ex C&W myself and checked every firmware it supports and it worked...

Can you tell me exactly what firmware and modem you're using?

Thanks

hi m8 its the 250 and 255 i dont have an issue in tw side bpi isnt enble here but i always have and issue in ex c&w

Last edited:
Hihi

Ahh, I don't have a 250 although I have just bought one off ebay

the command is there, if it's not working then perhaps something is different

From what I understand, the sequence for that is:

cd /
cd non-vol
cd docsis
enable bpi false

If it's somehow different on the 250 please let me know -.o

Hihi

Ahh, I don't have a 250 although I have just bought one off ebay