Ambit 200/250 configuration tool - New release

ive just tried this on a 200 & it says login & password failed can anyone tell me what they are please its on the vxwork bit? heres the log
ÿû
VxWorks login:

Password:
Login incorrect
exit

VxWorks login: cd \
cd cm_hal
scan_stop
cd \
Password:
Login incorrect
yes
defaults
yes
yes

VxWorks login: cd halif
annex_b
cm_tuner 14
Password:
Login incorrect
enable bpi false
UpdateSettings
cd \
cd non-vol
cd snmp
max_dload_tries 0
UpdateSettings
cd \
write_memory -s 4 0x8074cd10 0x00000000
write_memory -s 2 0x8074cd14 0x0000
write_memory -s 4 0x8074cd5c 0x00000000
write_memory -s 2 0x8074cd60 0x0000
write_memory -s 4 0x8074cbd4 0x13BAA8C0
cd non-vol
cd docsis
dhcp_settings

VxWorks login: 10.10.10.10
Password:
Login incorrect
Y
cm-10240-384
enable force_cfgfile true
UpdateSettings
cd \

Last edited:
Massive thanks

hideki

massive thanks pal for the time and effort for the software and the help. People could learn alot from you

regards

robo

Hihi

Ah, you're welcome -.o

Just working on the next release as we speak actually, added a 'manual' option to the area so you can enter your own DS Frequency, annex and tuner details if you need to, still no joy with the firmware flashing though (in particular the tftpd portion of it)

The idea of the manual is that people in Ireland or other places (Brazil, the US) can use it, people have asked for this but not answered when asked for the information needed to add areas so manual it is!

Also need to fix a small bug that I thought I'd fixed in the terminal but it turned out I'd fixed for serial mode but not net mode (oops!), nothing much though, just backspaces not being displayed correctly if you're entering it in character mode rather than line mode

Can anyone confirm the BPI disabling is working on the 250 for me?

hideki.. when i do a ambit 200 modem i can never get my default gateway ip to show up.its when i go into network connections all the rest of the ip.s or there but my default gateway ip never comes up so i cant get on line..im pure ntl can u help??cheers

Hihi

You should have your network port set to auto for the IP and DNS once the modem is configured

If it's a good mac and nothing else is amiss then it would normally negotiate everything including the gateway with dhcp

If you're getting an IP of 192.168.100.11 and it doesn't change after a couple of minutes to a real one then try another mac

thanks for the reply m8.ive try it again and it wont stop scanning ive flashed it with the 125

Hihi

Are you sure the area and annex are set correctly? if you're in Pure NTL then you might want to try changing the state of the cm_annex 3 checkbox, applying and rebooting

bpi working mate .brilliant piece of software a big thanks from me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, you're welcome

I'm just adding a MAC scanner to it atm, I can produce I thikn a 3x overall speed gain in MAC scanning compared to the existing tools for it, just having a little trouble with the sigma releases and how they prevent reboots, would prefer to disable the disabler from the command line but it looks like it has to be done from the web interface, I'll have to look into it further

Hi,

Seem to be getting a problem running this on vista...i get this error.."component mswinsck.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Have copied the 2 ocx files to both system and sytem32 folders and also installed runtime file from readme

Any ideas ??

Last edited:
Hi

It works in vista, I've tested it in vista ultimate, I'm really not sure why you're getting that error and given that my questions I need answering for the next version are being pointedly ignored in here I'm not terribly anxious to research anything to do with it, it's likely there will be no more versions and no more releases of any kind from me for that reason and because I've already found a hacked version of 0.91 with someone elses name doing the rounds, people want to take the credit for my work, they can do the actual work too.

Hi,

Seem to be getting a problem running this on vista...i get this error.."component mswinsck.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Have copied the 2 ocx files to both system and sytem32 folders and also installed runtime file from readme

Any ideas ??

right click program icon and choose "run as administrator"

simp

right click program icon and choose "run as administrator"

simp

Yes that worked, cheers...whats the fekking deal with vista man, really getting on my moobs now

Hi

It works in vista, I've tested it in vista ultimate, I'm really not sure why you're getting that error and given that my questions I need answering for the next version are being pointedly ignored in here I'm not terribly anxious to research anything to do with it, it's likely there will be no more versions and no more releases of any kind from me for that reason and because I've already found a hacked version of 0.91 with someone elses name doing the rounds, people want to take the credit for my work, they can do the actual work too.

Hideki....i neglected this post as i have not seen it on the first page for a while...sometimes it can seem like a thank less task so why should you put all that effort in, probably because you enjoy doing it. I can relate to your anger of having your work hijacked like that...i would be fucking livid, i know how it feels....what a slippery little cock rot c*nt that done that, fekking shameless some people.

Got another error now....when i press 'read mac' i get "runtime error '5' invalid procedure call or argument."

hideki mate, when clicking on READ MAC I am getting Runtime error 40006 - Wrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request and ideas on what im doing wrong? Thanks

Hihi

Err, okay, that's a strange one...

How are you connecting? if it's via Max232, make sure the port number is set correctly, if it's by ethernet, make sure the IP is correct

also, be sure you have the right firmware and modem selected

lol, sorry for troubling you mate, I had ambit 200 instead of 250. Thanks for such a speedy reply!! :)

Hihi
Hideki....i neglected this post as i have not seen it on the first page for a while...sometimes it can seem like a thank less task so why should you put all that effort in, probably because you enjoy doing it. I can relate to your anger of having your work hijacked like that...i would be fucking livid, i know how it feels....what a slippery little cock rot c*nt that done that, fekking shameless some people.
Oops

Didn't see that, wasn't having a good week at the time -.-

In any case, I have been working on 0.97, the delay is due to complete rewrites of certain parts of it to avoid timing problems (might have been a bit lazy with the way I initially did it -.-) and the addition of a mac scanner, should be sorted and released soon though

Back