Amazon prime membership

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi my daughters got amazon prime membership, she's in the UAE. Her card is set as default card for monthly payment of prime membership. I've also got my card set up there as well and I've used it to order stuff from amazon here in the UK. I've noticed that several times amazon have taken £7.99 out of my account for prime membership. Why is that? Ta

Is her's perhaps a Visa? I think they were having a dispute with them. :)

Amazon Prime is £7.99 a month covers free deliver Amazon video etc 30day trial then they start to charge £7.99 a month

Check your amzon prime membership in the drop down menu then prefferd payment method

The preferred oaymrbt method is set at 7.99 per month on my daughters debit card..

I used it once the 28 days free trial. I immediately cancelled and got confirmation saying no funds will be taken.

They still took it

I had this once, the problem turned out to be that other cards on the account were set as backup payment methods. If that's what has happened in your case, then your card would have been charged if they couldn't charge your daughter's card for any reason. You can turn off backup payments for all/individual cards via the account management screen.

Back