Amazon Prime membership increase

FocuS

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
more money to shell out :(

Dear Prime Member,
Thank you for being a valued member of Amazon Prime. We are writing to you about an upcoming change to your membership.
As of 15 September 2022, the price of the monthly Prime membership will increase from £7.99 to £8.99, and the price of the annual Prime membership will increase from £79 to £95. The new price will apply to renewals starting 15 September 2022. You can view your next renewal date, manage, or cancel your membership by visiting your account.
We continue to focus on making Prime even more valuable for members. This is the first time we have changed the price of Prime in the UK since 2014. During this time, we have significantly increased the number of products available with unlimited, fast Prime delivery; added and expanded ultra-fast fresh grocery delivery; and added more high-quality digital entertainment, including TV, movies, music, games, and books. Prime Video in particular has increased the number of TV series and movies on offer, including Amazon Originals, as well as live sports coverage, such as the Premier League and Autumn Nations Series.
Sincerely,
Your Amazon Prime Team

Calm down guys. It's going up less than 15p per day.
I wonder how far that will go towards the extra fuel costs they have 😂 😂 😂

First rise in 8 years and they even have some football games now.
I just had to double check this is on DW and not Facebook. 😂😂😂

if it wasnt so expensive to get them to send stuff to Ireland without prime ill cancel it too.

seems you can buy a year at the old price so that means you can at least beat the price hike for 12 months.

39.99 for 12 months for me since im a student;)

Hmm i might have to rethink as living on social welfare and bought 2 fire alarms in the sale and has been a few months since i viewed Prime.
YouTube has taken over for me but constant adds ruin things.

Hmm i might have to rethink as living on social welfare and bought 2 fire alarms in the sale and has been a few months since i viewed Prime.
get an ad blocker like Pihole and no more ads on youtube.

Photoshop yourself a nice student id and you can get prime half price too. My photoshop skills are shocking and i some how managed to get away with it.

If on a computer install adblocker add-on or if on a device like a firestick install SmartYouTube no adverts

seems you can buy a year at the old price so that means you can at least beat the price hike for 12 months.

39.99 for 12 months for me since im a student;)
I was on student price too, but you can only have it for 4 years. My ran out this year, had to pay full price. Painful.

If on a computer install adblocker add-on or if on a device like a firestick install SmartYouTube no adverts
Pc are covered but my big Android Sony tv needs it , dont think i have ever downloaded stuff for it , apps yes.

I was on student price too, but you can only have it for 4 years. My ran out this year, had to pay full price. Painful.
You can always set up a new account and photoshopp the name/expiry on the ID

Back