Acer Aspire One A150 Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz, 1GB RAM 120GB HDD £149.98

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Acer Aspire One A150 Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz, 1GB RAM 120GB HDD,8.9" Webcam, Blue, Linux Linpus Lite manufacturer #: LU.S050A.074

Acer Aspire One AOA150 Netbook Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

R0146879-01.jpg

If you want a laptop that you can easily take on your travels, or just a 2nd laptop for when the kids are hogging the family PC, the ACER ASPIRE ONE A150L is worthy of serious consideration.

The powerful Intel Atom processor gives you fantastic performance in an incredibly small package. Also, the 120GB Hard Drive means that this model has storage capacity to rival many of its larger competitors.

With the added bonus of a CrystalEye webcam you can easily keep in touch with loved ones absolutely free.

If it’s an ultra-portable laptop you need without compromising on performance, you can’t go wrong with the Aspire one 150L.

Processor
  • Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz
  • L2 Cache 512KB
  • FSB 533MHz
Memory
  • 1 GB / 1.5 GB (max)
  • DDR2 SDRAM - 533 MHz
  • Form Factor SO DIMM 200-pin
  • Configuration Features 1 x 512 MB + 512 MB (soldered)
Hard Drive
  • 120 GB Serial ATA-150
Software
  • Operating System: Linux Linpus Lite
Display
  • 8.9" TFT CrystalBrite, LED-backlit
  • Max Resolution 1024 x 600 ( WSVGA )
  • Widescreen Display
  • Colour support 18-bit colour Features
Graphics
  • Intel GMA 950, 8 MB Memory Allocation Technology
  • Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
Audio
  • High Definition Audio
  • Sound card
Networking
  • Network adapter
  • Wireless LAN Supported Yes
  • Wireless NIC Acer InviLink 802.11b/g
  • Data Link Protocol Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
  • Features Acer SignalUp
  • Compliant Standards IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Input Devices
  • Touch Pad and keyboard
Dimensions
  • Depth 17 cm
  • Height 2.9 cm
  • Weight 1 kg
  • Width 24.9 cm
Power Supply
  • 3-cell Lithium Ion Battery
  • Installed Qty 1
  • Capacity 2200 mAh
  • Run Time (Up To) 3 hour(s)
Interfaces
  • 3 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A
  • 1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
  • 1 x audio - line-out/headphones - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
  • 1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5mm
  • 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45
Expansion
  • 1 ( 1 ) x Expansion Slot
  • 1 ( 1 ) x memory - SO DIMM 200-pin
  • SD™ Card reader for storage expansion
  • 5 in 1 card reader
Warranty/Miscellaneous
  • 1 Year Warranty
  • 0.3 Megapixel Camera
What you think guys is this worth getting?
Click here to leave reps

yes m8 well worth it, got my son the A110 model is agreat little machine, great for web browsing :) and all drivers are on site for xp if you need them LOOK HERE

Is it easy to install XP on these because theres no cd/dvd rom? What about upgrading the ram? I might aswell order the ram from ebuyer at the same time if it is a easy upgrade.

TIA

check on utube m8 memory is a full strip down for the upgrade, if you have an external dvd/cd rom or you can borrow one its simple, you can make a bootable usb pen drive thats on utube as well. sorry dont have links.

memory upgrade [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtURqz4GSSM[/ame]

bootable USB [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vt_8p0VllY[/ame]

Last edited:
Ordered one, think I will leave the memory upgrade as I will only be using it for general browsing, email and msn... Will probably end up sticking tinyxp on it apprantly this is the best OS if you want to make best use of the 1gb ram...

Ordered one, think I will leave the memory upgrade as I will only be using it for general browsing, email and msn... Will probably end up sticking tinyxp on it apprantly this is the best OS if you want to make best use of the 1gb ram...

never tried tinyxp you got a link to it m8 or info on it :)

Nope I just read some comments on HDUK and apprantly TinyXP is good on this and apprantly Win7 works very well too... Search the usual places for TinyXP... I am going to have to do some research myself... Used super saved delivery so estimated delivery date isnt until next friday.

let me know how you get on with tinyxp m8 i did full xp home on sons :)

I think tiny xp is just a super stripped down version of XP with very limited services etc.. I will let you know once I get it... Might decide to run dual boot linux and xp... never used linux before so interested to see what its like.

Got one of these a couple of months ago but it only came with 512mb RAM so upgraded it to 1.5 gig,put full xp home on and its faster than my desktop :)
Tried the linux for a week and hated it,it looks like a childs toy! fast as fook though
Excellent little machine:Clap:

edit

It states 120 gig hard drive but they usually come with a 160 gig:banana:

Last edited:
Got one of these a couple of months ago but it only came with 512mb RAM so upgraded it to 1.5 gig,put full xp home on and its faster than my desktop :)
Tried the linux for a week and hated it,it looks like a childs toy! fast as fook though
Excellent little machine:Clap:

edit

It states 120 gig hard drive but they usually come with a 160 gig:banana:
Mine's hopefully arrives tomorrow, gonna give Linux a try as never even seen it before. If not for me I'll give Windows 7 a whirl & have TinyXP as a fallback.
Bought mine from Expansys last weekend & since it's taken a week they're gonna send me a £5 voucher, WOOHOO :proud:
Wish I'd gone for the blue one though, far nicer than the white I'm getting.
HH.

Got delivery today and really like this lil machine and linux aint too bad either nice and simple for what I want to use it for! Downloaded tinyxp but not sure if im gonna bother installing it yet. Still trying to get used to the keyboard

Anyone know how to get the webcam to work with the messenger?

Will give it a try 2mw... gonna let it charge properly over night and see how I like linux... otherwise will stick tiny xp on the weekend

I just tried to put Windows 7 on it & I've fecked it up :Cry: I've screwed Linpus up trying to put Win 7 on which I couldn't get installed either. I'm a Fud!!
Gonna mess around & try to fix it myself but expect a thread in a few days asking for assistance :proud:
Not having a dvd drive is a pain in the ass when it's broke :CRYBABY:
HH.

@ Bally12345, Good luck with the Tiny XP if you go for it.

hi M8 just insert the dvd you got with the one into any other machine and a usb stick then boot the machine with the dvd and usb in and follow the on screen instructions BUT MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "BACKUP TO USB" when it is fininshed remove the usb stick and in sert it into the ONE then turn the ONE on and press [F12] and select boot from usb this will put the ONE back to factory state

then visit macles blog and maybe you will stick with linpus i did it will do everything windows will but faster unfortunately they are not very reliable i have had 2 hardrive failures so i dont have one any more BOO hoo I mis the fast boot up and download speed so much

edogg

I've had win xp, win 7 and now back to limpass ;) If you haven't got the original disk pm me because i lost mine and had to a bit of hunting. It's easy enough with the original backup disk though as explained above. Good luck.

Got one of these last year.

Tried most linux distros, mandriva works fine, but I currently recommend Ubuntu netbook remix (UNR).

Lots of info here:
hXXp://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/

Back