4010 in Ex CW Area

oldmanken

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone help with these questions

I am in an Ex CW area and have aquired a 4010 box with card. When i connected the box it came up with errors which related to being in wrong area. I have shorted battery and reconnected. The box tuned in and now have menu system and filmflex preview channel.
My main question is i have looked at the sticky thread of what boxes for what area and it lists this for Pure NTL. Am i wasting my time with this box or will it work in Ex CW.

Also came with a rom11 original card which i presume will be locked what is the best method for retrieving the BK for this box

Thanks

The box will work fine in ex cw areas. You will need a glitcher to unlock the card either a ubomb or a t911 will work fine.
also have you tried to read the card with nagra edit?

The box will work fine in ex cw areas. You will need a glitcher to unlock the card either a ubomb or a t911 will work fine.

My programmer isnt phoenix which i presumed i needed to read rom cards
would a Jtag be easier to read the box

you can jtag these boxes to gain the bk. you could glitch the card to get the bk, but i think you may have to load the 4000 mac to sort out the pin request for movies and this is done through a jtag

Hi Moth,

The 4010 wont work in ex c*w, see http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=115099 for box/area compatability. I can confirm I have tried a 4010 in exc*w and it was a no go.

I seem to remember reading some time ago that the 4010 was supposed to be dual standard (davic/docsis) but this never came about and the box was built as single standard box. The more knowledable members on here may be able to shed some more light on this.

@oldmanken, you will need a Jtag or glitch the card for the bk mate

Regards

Muskrat

Back