360 firmware hacked according to slashdot

its fake, nothing new their, ok so this "group" clame to have cracked it, they refuse to tell us how the rest of us can do it, keeping it to themselfs is proof its FAKE, dont fall for it, unless they post proof on how we can do it (we = the world) then its bollox, f*ck sake, fake crap again.

Dont think it is fake, the guy is well known in the xbox 'scene'. If it was fake it would be on xbox-scene either. I think well see a public version of this in some form very soon :)

Thats not fake,

Just have to wait and see if it goes public.

It's Not Fake.

The Same Group Were Responsible For The Release Of The Original XBox DVD Drive Firmware Hack.

They Have Posted Information About How It's Done, They Just Haven't Posted The Hacked Firmware For Public Download.

just wondering,if/when its leaked will it be ok to get it uploaded here

Yep its not a fake, as the group stated, it does nothing but play backup games as it only accepts 1:1 copies of games with no changes. As they dont support piracy, then they dont want to release it.

The people involved are well respected in the scene, i doubt they'd release something fake and ruin that.

The techinal process on doing it for yourself is all there, but its not easy to do. I'd expect another group to release it though (more than likely an Asian group)

I dont blame them for not releasing it though, it's illegal and im sure they dont want to be caught over something that only helps people run backups (no homebrew apps can be run)

YES IT IS A FAKE, how could you get 7GIG on a 4.7GIG DVD-R? EH!. FAKE, FAKE!

SimpleBOX said:
YES IT IS A FAKE, how could you get 7GIG on a 4.7GIG DVD-R? EH!. FAKE, FAKE!

well ya could buy some dvd9 dvd-rs most of the images I've seen are all under dvd9 size.

and this is all about the hacking side of things. not the piracy. peeps have done this just because M$ said it couldnt be done. I think with the respect these ppl have in the scene this would be a real release. and the news of 360 cracked is spreading like wildfire over the net.

as pointed out tho it wilnt be long before there is a method that most ppl will be able to apply to the 360. prolly by the asia community or maybe russian. I think we should give these guys a pat on the back rather then slateing them for not relaseing the work.

I'll pat them on the back....once they release the hack and prove it works!

i think its FAKE they could have another, 360 plugged into rear scart wit pgr3, also how did they burn a 1:1 copy?

maybe true but time will tell

Originally Posted by samir12
AND HOW DO U KNOW ITS A 4 GIG DVD ?

ok, CAPS is SHOUTING, please no shouting.

and who says it has to be shrunk to a 4.7 dvdr, there are dual layer dvd's now, so no compression.

Last edited:
i think people will think its fake until its all released and they r doing it themselfs, good luck to the guys if it is real, theres always the question as said before about another machine plugged in the back of the tv.

Just been reading.
Not very simple as you have to remove chip from dvd drive and add unique 16 byte key and then flash with Willem programmer.

Dont know what chip it has but Im betting its a barstard to get off.

More info released abotu gettign the drive recognkised in windows.

This is getting cloe to being able to write the firmware from windows, but not there yet.
ht*p://www.kev.nu/360/index.html
ht*p://www.xbox-scene.com/

well this is supposwd to b the modded firmware-from what ive gathered you still need to put your own unique byte thingie in,and i aint got a clue how thats done

Last edited:
Back