360 firmware hacked according to slashdot

beacuse when transfer a game to my pc using the dvd swap method and browse my iso there is a system update folder.Try opening the system update file with 360 tool and have a look at all the update files etc.Here are just a few of the files i found in the system update folder that have been extracted with 360 tool .
$flash_aac.xexp.png
$flash_bootanim.xexp.png
$flash_createprofile.xexp.png
$flash_dash.xexp.png$flash_deviceselector.xexp.png
$flash_feedback.xexp.png
$flash_friends.xexp.png
$flash_gamerprofile.xexp.png
$install_extender.xex.png
$flash_updater.xexp.png
xboxupd.bin

so the games could just flash the drive back to normal if its not protected

Last edited:
yes they could but do you think that ms will risk all the public bricking 360

because you are going to have some stupid twit turn there 360 off or power cut or kids switch the console off before it is complete

anyway my other nick name is ( evestu )

and take it from me the task was not easy for them :)

and id just like to say you dont spend from december-march

to make a video that is fake lol but hey i think team X will soon show all

hopefuly

i copyed fight night round 3 for the 360 the hotswap way and there was no flash files in there when i extracted with 360 tool so it looks like only some games have got them files but fight night round 3 for the 360 i was abull to fit it on a 4.7gb dvd-r and when i put it in my 360 it gos to play it then it sez please clean disc with a soft cloth. But it dos say when i put it in my 360 that it is a game cus where it sez open tray when the game is in it sez play game. So i am going to try and hotswap it in the 360 to see if i can get it to play

holly said:
yes they could but do you think that ms will risk all the public bricking 360

because you are going to have some stupid twit turn there 360 off or power cut or kids switch the console off before it is complete

anyway my other nick name is ( evestu )

and take it from me the task was not easy for them :)

and id just like to say you dont spend from december-march

to make a video that is fake lol but hey i think team X will soon show all

hopefuly

i see your point m8 but i dont think ms would be botherd beause to flash the drive you have to open the 360 so there would be no warranty so when you put one of them games in and have a pawer cut just say you carnt just phone them up and say my 360 is fooked i want a new one. but i think this is why team x ent showing all i think there makeing some sort of chip you can just solder into the drive.

Last edited:
well at the moment they are working on a flash program of some sort.

you can get your firm off the HL-3120L (Hitachi-LG )drive with plscsi.
you can also connect your drive up to sata port on pc motherboard, and use a program that will make the drive visable to windows

and with some other tools you can dump ram,rom,peek,poke

but the TS ( Samsung ) drive has no debug commmands to dump the firm
so you have to remove the chip (flash) to dump it

which is held down with glue over the SST flash so joy in getting that off
without lifting the tracks

but they have reported more progress on this but as of now no flasher or firm is out for this hack but soon hopefuly :)

Back