1st time local serverset up

Thx a lot - its being doing my head in all day

I thought this might have been the issue but alas not

Sly 1 is not clearing

Talk 2 Moro so

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also in ireland mate so Sly1 is not FTA here. I have generated the boxkey using the serial # from the menu and the one from the back of the box and both return the same answer so I am pretty sure its correct. I have tried turning the card around as suggested but no luck there. I get the feeling that there is just something wrong with my set up - Do I need to change something in Softcam SetUp?

On my CCCam.cfg file I have now taken everything out except for "boxkey:/dev/sci0 E0 XX XX XX" - have I got the spacing right here?

Try your boxkey line like this,paying attention to capitalisation and spacing,
also make sure you are using a unix editor (Notepad++, PsPad, UltraEdit) to make these changes and not a windows/dos one like Notepad

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 00 11 22 33

Obviously replace with your actual boxkey

When you have done that check the entitlements tab in the webinfo page

Thx for getting back. I won't get to try until the weekend. Once I do I will let you know how I get on. From the looks of it it might be the spacing and caps.

Thx for getting back. I won't get to try until the weekend. Once I do I will let you know how I get on. From the looks of it it might be the spacing and caps.

No bother mate
Let's know :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

No joy with that. I am wondering if someone can point me towards an image with appropriate CCcam file already in it? I could then just edit the releavnt line with my BOXKEY. I am convinced it is just some other setting that I need to change.

ok I tried your image and its the pits, I have 2 db500s as well. I then switched back to a nabilosat image and ccam2.1.3 it worked. You flash the image first and then afterwards go to add ons and d/l the ccam.

this is the image name

NabiloDM500-V08-MAXVAR.img

i'll be back tomoro

nb dont forget to save your existing ccam cfg or print it out

No joy with that. I am wondering if someone can point me towards an image with appropriate CCcam file already in it? I could then just edit the releavnt line with my BOXKEY. I am convinced it is just some other setting that I need to change.

Where you able to access the webinfo?

Need to establish if CCcam is actually running to start with :)

Where you able to access the webinfo?

Need to establish if CCcam is actually running to start with :)

Ok feel stupid here. How do I access web info? Is this where I just enter local ip of box into browser address bar?

lol yes m8

http://192.168.xxx.xxx:16001 providing you have not changed the webinfo port :)

Cheers - Was thinking it was that but couldnt remember th eport bit at the end. Ok so I did that it says "Welcome to CCcam 2.1.1 server". When I turned the card the opposite way than what you would expect I got "card reader /dev/sci0 - no or unknown card inserted". When I put it in the right way I got "card reader /dev/sci0
handled 115(0) ecms and 0(0) emms Nds card xxxxxxx". Not sure if I should include the aplha numeric string represented by the x's on a public forum". The ECM count seems to increase each time I refresh the page. Any idea?

Cheers - Was thinking it was that but couldnt remember th eport bit at the end. Ok so I did that it says "Welcome to CCcam 2.1.1 server". When I turned the card the opposite way than what you would expect I got "card reader /dev/sci0 - no or unknown card inserted". When I put it in the right way I got "card reader /dev/sci0
handled 115(0) ecms and 0(0) emms Nds card xxxxxxx". Not sure if I should include the aplha numeric string represented by the x's on a public forum". The ECM count seems to increase each time I refresh the page. Any idea?

So when you click the entitlements tab does it give you a list of dates etc

Is the image referred to above (nabilodm500-v08-maxvar) the best to go with?

Finally after trying a number of different images this is the one that worked straight away for me. Finally I have my ideal set up. 2 boxes downstairs (Living Room and Kitchen) and even managed to get it set up to stream to my Apple TV in the bedroom and the stream is perfect. So the only 2 questions I have outstanding are:

1) What is the best option for getting EPG these days. Its been ages since I tried to do this and I remember last time it was a right balls. Just wondering if there is anything out there that makes it more simple these days.

2) I don't like the channel set up on the image. If i chnage the bouqet on one box can I just copy satellite.xml from one box to the other? If so do I need to restart the other box once I have copied it across.

Thanks to all who have helped me get this far!

well i am delighted you are sorted but you have not said what you actually did. Are you using oscam with cccam2.1.3 or just cccam 2.1.3 on its own. If oscam what version? I am not stuck after trying the open pli image. I have gone back to the max var 8 but still no joy.

so a few hints as to what you did would be ace.

Back