1st time local serverset up

Stiofain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I am running a pli jade green image with CCcam 2.1.1 on DM500S I am trying to set up a local server to share around the house (network is already up and running as I have been using free clines up to this point). I have followed all the instructions here (https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242145/) but the server is not clearing my cards channels. I defintely have the right boxkey etc - At a loss so any help would be much appreciated. Let me know if any other info would be helpful to diagnose

Regards
Stiofain

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I am running a pli jade green image with CCcam 2.1.1 on DM500S I am trying to set up a local server to share around the house (network is already up and running as I have been using free clines up to this point). I have followed all the instructions here (https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242145/) but the server is not clearing my cards channels. I defintely have the right boxkey etc - At a loss so any help would be much appreciated. Let me know if any other info would be helpful to diagnose

Regards
Stiofain

if your using a uk card then you will need oscam or oscam/c**am 2.13 for your card to work fully.. there are plenty of back-up,s around the net for the dm500s just flash one and update your channel list,keys ect and you will be up and running. regards mdt

if your using a uk card then you will need oscam or oscam/c**am 2.13 for your card to work fully.. there are plenty of back-up,s around the net for the dm500s just flash one and update your channel list,keys ect and you will be up and running. regards mdt

Just to clarify. You can serve from CCcam but you will drop a couple of channels ie espn sd and some boxing channel afaik all others should work so MDT 's post is slighly misleading. Also in the tut you read Stiofan i hope you didnt use the online bk generator as this can lead to sly cutting you off

Thx to both of you. Ya I used windows calc to generate boxkey. I was trying to serve CCcam as I had read it wold work except for ESPN. I will d/l oscam/c**am 2.13 and try that as I would like ESPN in the bedroom. Where do I save the file? Is there anything specific I need to do?

The other option is to try another image as I have an old cable box lying around and I read that I can use this as a server - is this right?

Thx to both of you. Ya I used windows calc to generate boxkey. I was trying to serve CCcam as I had read it wold work except for ESPN. I will d/l oscam/c**am 2.13 and try that as I would like ESPN in the bedroom. Where do I save the file? Is there anything specific I need to do?

The other option is to try another image as I have an old cable box lying around and I read that I can use this as a server - is this right?

Yes you can from a 500c and im sure there is an image in downloads for dm500 with oscam/cccam

if your old cable box is a DM500c then yes you can use it as a server.
Also, you only need to use OScam on its own ( no boxkey required ) then enable CCcam protocol to share to cline clients to boxes running CCcam.

if your old cable box is a DM500c then yes you can use it as a server.
Also, you only need to use OScam on its own ( no boxkey required ) then enable CCcam protocol to share to cline clients to boxes running CCcam.

What's the benefit of setting up a server on a 500c over a 500s. Is just to free up an extra box?

And you don't have to worry about other boxes when you reboot the one you are viewing with.

Ok starting to struggle. I have flashed a 500C with "Pli with oscam & cccam installed E1 DM500". I have edited CCCam with Boxkey but not sure if this is right. Am I supposed to put boxkey in OSscam (If so where?). Are there any other settings that I need to change on the box itself? Is there any tutorial anywhere which explains how to get this set up? I can't find one anywhere - on this site or google. Any help would be much appreciated.

look here, and if you get it working will you come back and tell me what you did. i am still lost but no time to read up and experiment.

there is a better image for your box as well but see how you get on first

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/264775/

ebmitie

ps you have to configure oscam

Double dutch to me mate but thanks. So I have decided to try and simplify things. I am going to remove the 500c from my setup and just use the 500s with Pli Jade 3 and CCCam as I am only sharing locally. I know I will lose ESPN but I can live with that. Ok so I have my CCCam file with Boxkey in row 317 (boxkey:/dev/sci0 XX XX XX XX) - is there something else I need to do - I have read https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242145/ and there does not seem to be anything else to it but its not working for me.

Double dutch to me mate but thanks. So I have decided to try and simplify things. I am going to remove the 500c from my setup and just use the 500s with Pli Jade 3 and CCCam as I am only sharing locally. I know I will lose ESPN but I can live with that. Ok so I have my CCCam file with Boxkey in row 317 (boxkey:/dev/sci0 XX XX XX XX) - is there something else I need to do - I have read https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242145/ and there does not seem to be anything else to it but its not working for me.

Ok first off are you getting any channels apart from FTA on your server box?

Right now yes but only becasue I have other free clines on it. If I take them out I will only get FTA

Not sure I understand you. I thought there was only one slot on the 500s and thats where it is. Are you talking about something in the CCCam - i.e. is boxkey in above free Clines or something?

Not sure I understand you. I thought there was only one slot on the 500s and thats where it is. Are you talking about something in the CCCam - i.e. is boxkey in above free Clines or something?
sorry my bad.
Im thinking of the 800

Is it in the right way around,try it the other way,

Remove or hash out the sealions and see if you can get sly1,using your card,
if you can but cannot get movies or sport then your boxkey is wrong.

I'm also in ireland mate so Sly1 is not FTA here. I have generated the boxkey using the serial # from the menu and the one from the back of the box and both return the same answer so I am pretty sure its correct. I have tried turning the card around as suggested but no luck there. I get the feeling that there is just something wrong with my set up - Do I need to change something in Softcam SetUp?

On my CCCam.cfg file I have now taken everything out except for "boxkey:/dev/sci0 E0 XX XX XX" - have I got the spacing right here?

I know you are in Ireland mate ;)

Sly1 will work if card is recognized even without boxkey

Boxkey is only needed for movies and sports,

Not in front of my pc now but you will need another few lines in your CCcam.cfg,

Will check tomorrow and get back to you if nobody does before then :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Back