HI, It has been a while.

HI Ferret,
When you open the file it is in Binary code, but it is a .ipk file. would i still use this command in telenet? "opkg update && opkg install /tmp/*.ipk"
this is for the Oscam update.

this is for the Oscam update.
The file you posted here was just the IPK install file it did not include anything that would open any channels, you have this installed you have shown us the pic of it running there is no more to do there. Its your oscam configs that need tested by someone this is second nature to hence why i offered. This way we would know the fault is at your end and not the servers end or a problem in your configs.

The file you posted here was just the IPK install file it did not include anything that would open any channels, you have this installed you have shown us the pic of it running there is no more to do there. Its your oscam configs that need tested by someone this is second nature to hence why i offered. This way we would know the fault is at your end and not the servers end or a problem in your configs.
Thanks Ferret,
There is a lot of stuff l struggle with. I am trying to send files, but dont have the attach files button. It is here now in this thread as l see it now, but l am not supposed to send them here.

Thanks Ferret,
There is a lot of stuff l struggle with. I am trying to send files, but dont have the attach files button. It is here now in this thread as l see it now, but l am not supposed to send them here.
You must have an attach button in the private message of ours when you type a reply

@Paulmark
Find someone you trust and allow them to work on your receiver using Teamviewer on your PC

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You will need to send them a PM with your Teamviewer ID and password.

Thanks Abu,
I will persevere, l have contacted my provider and asked them to check the files. There are a few things l can try. Factory reset on the reciever, and just start again.

I'd not bother with a factory reset id just reflash it and start from scratch.
Yes,
I cant connect to my pc now, the reciever is not being detected all of a sudden! Looked at network settings in my receiver and did a network test which was fine. Did a restart network, and that has frozen. So something not right.

Yes,
I cant connect to my pc now, the reciever is not being detected all of a sudden! Looked at network settings in my receiver and did a network test which was fine. Did a restart network, and that has frozen. So something not right.
Need to setup a password now to be able to ftp

I have done that one already, it was a few months ago though. Is this something we have to keep redoing?

I have done that one already, it was a few months ago though. Is this something we have to keep redoing?
Paul i am busy until later but do you want me to teamviewer into the box and help. I have done it hundreds of times for members on here and on another forum i am well known on.

Yes,
You can flash via USB though there is no need to flash online if you carnt.

I have reflashed the latest image, but I think l might have to reset the password now. I will look at that a bit later as my wife wants to watch the tv now.

Paul i am busy until later but do you want me to teamviewer into the box and help. I have done it hundreds of times for members on here and on another forum i am well known on.
Thanks for the offer, but at the moment the box is not connecting to my pc.

Thanks for the offer, but at the moment the box is not connecting to my pc.
Setup the basics of the image then the password

Menu-setup-network-password.

Then just install the Oscam ipk you have been given in telnet as you did last time.

opkg update && opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

I have managed to get everything working again. I flashed a saved image on the reciever with an older oscam. That is working fine. I think l will leave it at that for tonight. I will try the new oscam and new files again tomorrow. My provider has supplied more files l told him what reciever l had, maybe the files he originally sent were not compatible with my receiver as it is quite a few years old now. We will see anyway.

Back