1000 1b Talkback NOT cut ????

BrianA

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was given a 1000 1b which has lost all its channels,so I set about undoing the anti mod on it as it's stuck in cr2.
However when I went looking around the board I found a wire going from the lithium battery to a pin on U2200 it looks like pin 10 or 11,the talkback in the tuner hasn't been cut but there is what looks like a resistor soldered between REG101 and C12 which is right next to the tuner.
The sim card has to Hyundai chips on it with none missing.
I've searched the board for cut tracks.....there are none and lifted chip legs,I can't see any and I've looked real hard coz my eyes are bleeding.
I haven't come across one of these before and I can't tie it in with any other thread/topic as I've searched exhaustively.
I guess that this must be a really old method of modding a box.

So same old line
Any help would really be appreciated.

BTW the reason I want to reverse the anti update is becuse I read it in a thread on here that that is the only way that you will get the channels back.

:Cheers: :Cheers:

Okay okay I'm as blind as a bat.
I found the talk back cut,it was cut down the side of the case.
So does anyone now what the capacitor/resistor is for that I described earlier?
I found a thread very similato what I'm talking about,but there was no mention of this.

Any help would be appreciated.
:Cheers:

BrianA said:
I was given a 1000 1b which has lost all its channels,so I set about undoing the anti mod on it as it's stuck in cr2.
However when I went looking around the board I found a wire going from the lithium battery to a pin on U2200 it looks like pin 10 or 11,the talkback in the tuner hasn't been cut but there is what looks like a resistor soldered between REG101 and C12 which is right next to the tuner.
The sim card has to Hyundai chips on it with none missing.
I've searched the board for cut tracks.....there are none and lifted chip legs,I can't see any and I've looked real hard coz my eyes are bleeding.
I haven't come across one of these before and I can't tie it in with any other thread/topic as I've searched exhaustively.
I guess that this must be a really old method of modding a box.

So same old line
Any help would really be appreciated.

BTW the reason I want to reverse the anti update is becuse I read it in a thread on here that that is the only way that you will get the channels back.

:Cheers: :Cheers:

disconect the wire going from the bat to the u2200, {the resister between reg101 and c12 has got nothing to do with any antiupdate mod m8}, leave it in place"

Thanks for the reply Benny59,I think I'll have to take a closer look at the board as I've dissed the wire but now I can't get to OhAY.......the box just boots up as normal only with no channels,I guess there must be a cut track or two knocking about on this board?

:thnks:

BrianA said:
Thanks for the reply Benny59,I think I'll have to take a closer look at the board as I've dissed the wire but now I can't get to OhAY.......the box just boots up as normal only with no channels,I guess there must be a cut track or two knocking about on this board?

:thnks:[/QUOTE
you have tryed to force the update havent you by holding power button in
till its all 0000 then pressing favorites/intreactive/tv guide/tv then ok?

@ pil196
Yes I have and it just turns on like normal.
Whacky or what?

BrianA said:
@ pil196
Yes I have and it just turns on like normal.
Whacky or what?

it is strange you have removed or cut that wire running from battery to board
if so m8 im at a loss with this sorry

you could try pulling the red jumper to reset the box but you will need to set net id after
also what area are you in n*l/tw/c&w ?

Last edited:
Well I'm ex c/w and the box is from ex c/w,I just had a thought,I tried the box with the wire cut with the board just sat in the box and not screwed down....hmmmm of I go to check it again.
BRB

if memory serves reg101 supplies the feed for the agc's to the tuners. sounds like it had a problem with tuner curcuit from the off. has the box actually worked since the wire was fitted to reg101??

TWOBEERCANS said:
if memory serves reg101 supplies the feed for the agc's to the tuners. sounds like it had a problem with tuner curcuit from the off. has the box actually worked since the wire was fitted to reg101??

Its a cloned box and it was working until last year apparently.
I can get the 4321 to work now that the unit is back together.
However it seems that the software isn't happy with the box,
I'll write the errors down and post them in a bit.

Errors on update

NIT section 01 NIT section 00
Its not for this hardware
Version 03 expected got 01
Dram 08 expected 10
Not for this hardware
Recieved hardware version 04 exoected C1
Not for this hardware
Recieved hardware version 12 expected C1
Finished reading NIT-00000000 objects to load
Got NIT
Finished loading
Building FAT

Then it does bugger all :Cry:

The above errors aren't constant as I've seen it change.

I think maybe the atmels need reflowing as the LCD occassionally shows 88:88
so I waggle the sim card,give the Atmels a little press and it fixes it.
This is probably why I get the above errors.

So what do you think?????

Okay I reflowed the attys,then i had to clean between each leg on them to remove any stray solder as I was still getting 88:88 after the reflow.
This cured the problem.
After reading this
thread I removed a leg of the resistor from rg1o1.
Reconnected the cable feed,did 4321 and hey presto it worked.
I now have FTA.
Just got to hope now that the BK I got from the Fun card is the proper one for this cloned box.
I kow it's cloned because the IRD on the sticker on top of the reader is nothing like the one off the card.

Any iseas what the wire from the battery to pin 11 on the Atmel was/is for before I continue.
I'll search in the meantime.
Thanks for looking anfd I hope this may help someone else.

pil196 said:
it is strange you have removed or cut that wire running from battery to board
if so m8 im at a loss with this sorry

you could try pulling the red jumper to reset the box but you will need to set net id after
also what area are you in n*l/tw/c&w ?

YEAH SOUNDS LIKE NET ID

You lost me here,was the wire from battery to pin 11 to stop the net id from being reset and that by cutting it I can change the net id,if so is anything lost?

:Cheers: jay 210

BrianA said:
You lost me here,was the wire from battery to pin 11 to stop the net id from being reset and that by cutting it I can change the net id,if so is anything lost?

:Cheers: jay 210

all that wire was for was to stop the box updateing from cr 1 to the days of cr3
but now n*l have updated to cr3.2 or cr4 it is no longer needed
it was becuse you could not get ppv on a funcard ect in the days of cr3
so the wire was a kind of no update mod

:THANKS: pil196,

I just did a funcard for au and it came up blacklisted in eng menu,I'm trying another card now to see if that was the problem.
After that I'll reset net id clear sram etc as per this
thread.

It just gets better and better,it's a good job I'm off work sick.

BrianA said:
:THANKS: pil196,

I just did a funcard for au and it came up blacklisted in eng menu,I'm trying another card now to see if that was the problem.
After that I'll reset net id clear sram etc as per this
thread.

It just gets better and better,it's a good job I'm off work sick.

you need to set net id first m8 or you will only get a few channels
also i some times get black listed cards only funcards though
gust rewrighting the card sorts this out for me
good luck m8

Thanks for all the help you guys,unfortunately I lent my phoenix AND serial cable out to a mate,so I have to wait till tomorrow to get the net id back.
Still getting Blacklisted even though I've re-re-rewritten the card.
:doh:

BrianA said:
Thanks for all the help you guys,unfortunately I lent my phoenix AND serial cable out to a mate,so I have to wait till tomorrow to get the net id back.
Still getting Blacklisted even though I've re-re-rewritten the card.
:doh:

i take it your useing the cheep 7 pound programmer from tmc?
and the tecnosat program to wright the card as you are getting black listed card?
if so just wright the card the old way useing funprom in the downloads
and the latest rst for your area

i take it your useing the cheep 7 pound programmer from tmc?
and the tecnosat program to wright the card as you are getting black listed card?
if so just wright the card the old way useing funprom in the downloads
and the latest rst for your area

lmao
Yes
Yes
and that's what I'm gonna try if this card don't work.

:Cheers: ears

Back