Vu Solo2 SE (clone) flashing image via rs232

jensvde

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's my first post here. I signed up because I have some problems with a Solo2 SE clone.

I recently got an Vu+ Solo2 SE clone box, and it has the function to reflash the flash chip if it gets wiped by anti-clone program.

But how can I do that and where can I find the files? I've searched on the website the seller provided me, vu-hd.com, but I can't seem to find them.

I also found a tutorial on YouTube in a thread here, but the video has been removed.

If anyone could tell me where I could find those files and how that I can flash the image and bootloader over RS232 would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Jens

Thank you! But are the files in that thread for both Solo2 and Solo2 SE? Because it's not in the file name

The download does contain both solo2 and solo2 SE bootloader files as I've just checked.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Does there also exist software to do the same with a Vu+ Solo Pro clone box? Because it also has an RS232 port on it.

Jens

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Does there also exist software to do the same with a Vu+ Solo Pro clone box? Because it also has an RS232 port on it.

Jens
Don't know and I've never heard of VU Solo Pro clone box neither tbh.

Hello, do you know if we use the same Bootloader for Solo 2 Mini than for VU+ Solo ?

The Solo is a completely different architecture box so no the same bootloader can't be used, AFAIK.

Hello, you mean the Solo2 is different from the Solo 2 SE ?

And what about Solo 2 and mini Solo 2 can they work with the same bootloader ?

Solo2 and Solo 2 SE are same (SE just smaller box with no VFD display).

does somebody knows how to fix a bricked flssh chip the vu dolo2

yes lonrisun needs to replace the chip but is this also for sunray?

Thank you for the info

- - - Updated - - -

I wander my vu solo 2 SE is not bricked working ok, I just wanted to flash newer image on it do I stil need to flash the boot-loader as in the guide?

Back