1.0m Dish Setup confused

also i uploaded a channel list and just edited the lat and long settings in the reciever then looked for bbc world

Cheers all. Have come down for a bit to thaw out. Seems I was on Serius.... I cant seem to download a service list on my gemini 4.5 (only using this image as others would not move the dish) Has anyone got a manual list I could ftp for my box with bouquets and services inc thor bbc please. I have downloaded a few off the net but they dont seem to have thor.....

Last edited:
technomate aint it,you may b better asking for a list in that section stating what model :proud:

are u usin t+k mounts or right angle mount

T+K Moints

Was trying this for an hour to find thor 0.8, moving backwards and forwards between different sats.
Well I think I managed to find thor. Strange thing was when I tried to scan for channels it would not find any.......

So i thought I would leave it for the day and tightened at the nuts

When i searched 19.2 sat it found it.... and found channels.....

So I thought I would look at 28.2 and it found it... and found channels...

So I went back to thor..... could not find any channels....

Strange... but I am chuffed i managed to get usuals to find the sats....

Not sure if I said before but I could not get this dm800s to move the motor from my living room... around 65 meters of cable

So today I moved all my tv and box 3 meters away from the dish and at last i have got the most of it complete with your help.

I brought the box back into the house and now it still does not move the motor..... I ran brand new cable and thought it might work... Has anyone else got a motor running with more than 60 metres of cable?

I even changed the setting for higher voltage and this made no difference

At least I know it works within 3 metres...

Maybe I need to live at the bottom of the garden with the fairies.

edit

What a twonk i am. I had the sly dish plugged into the back of my reciever. Just plugged the correct cable in and now im moving my motorized dish from 65 metres away.

TIME FOR A PLAY........

Again..many thanks for all your help.. getting me this far :)

Ok another edit...lol

It's Friday night and got a few beers in... What is the best sat to log onto to ceck out a bit of hard core ladies???? Or does this involve c/s?

Last edited:
What a twonk i am. I had the sly dish plugged into the back of my reciever. Just plugged the correct cable in and now im moving my motorized dish from 65 metres away.

:roflmao:

you wouldnt be the first mate

hi all, spent all day yesterday up the ladder, managed to lock onto thor, hotbird 19, astra 28, eutesat 16 without any problems, all scanned, locked and channels receivced, but when the motor turns to hotbird 13 the signal is about 20% and wont lock, dont relly want to climb up again and start messing with the dish incase i lose what i have.
any ideas ?

many thanks & merry xmas to all :Cheers:

Last edited:
hi m8,once you have thor5/6@1west lined up and are getting the maximum signal for your set up, all the other satellites should fall into place. is your mounting bracket 100% plumb? if it is you might just have to tweak the elevation on your dish. send you motor to 45east and 45 west and check the signals on these satellites. you will probably need to go back up the ladder!,i know its a ball ache but it easy to make mistakes when your up a ladder "freezing your b******* off", just go back through your set-up and check every possible problem point. lnb skew/motor elevation/bracket plumb/dish bracket on motor centerd/dish elevation/usals setting/diseque 1.2 setting. good luck!

hi m8,once you have thor5/6@1west lined up and are getting the maximum signal for your set up, all the other satellites should fall into place. is your mounting bracket 100% plumb? if it is you might just have to tweak the elevation on your dish. send you motor to 45east and 45 west and check the signals on these satellites. you will probably need to go back up the ladder!,i know its a ball ache but it easy to make mistakes when your up a ladder "freezing your b******* off", just go back through your set-up and check every possible problem point. lnb skew/motor elevation/bracket plumb/dish bracket on motor centerd/dish elevation/usals setting/diseque 1.2 setting. good luck!

LNB Skew??

I just chucked mine on..... Should I have done something special m8 or is there a certain way this should be fitted?? Maybe that's why I do not get a signal from thor?? but do from 28.2 and 19.2 and serius

not sure bout the skew m8
might be the correct skew for 1 w, but doesnt necessarily mean it will correct for other sats

You don't need to worry about the skew because when you aim the dish at 1w the dish is in the upright position and as long as the LNB is fitted straight it will be fine.

You will notice when the dish turns it goes on it's side almost, so also adjusting the skew. If you had a fixed dish and fitted it straight at say 28.2 east then the LNB should be skewed, but really the dish should be fitted on an angle in line with that sat, just as it looks when the motor moves it.

Frenchman

Well looks like im there with all of your help....

It seems my dm800s is playing tricks on me.

If I go to sat finder in Nablio 12 and find 0.8 thor All i get is

SNR 0%
AGC 99%
BER 0%
Not Locked

When I tried to get a picture on bbc world i got nothing.... This is with my original sly card with sports and movies HD

Moved sat to 28.2 and get all movies and sports HD as would be expected. SNR 76%
AGC 99%
BER 0%

I then paid £8 for a cline for 1 month to test again (Full movies, sky italia, Adult ect)

Moved back to Thor 0.8e

I now get a picture on BBC World
press OK
SNR 81%
AGC 86%
BER 0%

If I go back into satfinder menu it still shows

SNR 0%
AGC 99%
BER 0%
Not Locked

So I am thinking my dm800s image is no good to search for sats using SATFINDER Option in the menu

I have tried most satellites and get loads of channels now with my cline for £8

Picking up channels on 28e,19e,13e,10e,9e,7e,4.8e,0.8e and 30w Not had time to check anymore yet.

Could anyone answer me a couple of questions please

Why cant i get BBC world picture on thor 0.8 with my sly card but as soon as I put my £8 cline in the picture comes up? Does this mean I have to pay to get lots of channels abroad (aswell as the free news channels?)

The only channels I seem to have a problem on 28.2 is Disney CIN HD SNR 71% AGC 99%, Discovery HD SNR 63%
AGC 96%, Sky Arts HD SNR 63% AGC 96%, Sci Fi HD SNR 63% AGC 96%

It's really a bad picture( had to be one the kids like!!!) and the others just bug me!!

National Geo channel has SNR 64% AGC 96% but the picture is fine

I really do not want to adjust the dish again and it might feck the rest of my satellites up... Is anyone else having a problem with some HD channels?

Again thanks for all your help so far!!

Well chuffed I managed to get some hard core on the tv tonight lol...

Last edited:
as well posted b4.....just add inline amp £3....between lnb and stb......nearest the lnb to boost hd sig.

Just going back to your BBC World question, it's a free channel so shouldn't need a card or share??

Glad you've got some tv on m8, it's a good feeling when it all comes to life lol

Curly

Cheers Curly

I feels so good to finally get this far.

Im not sure why i do not get a picture on thor bbc world with no cline.

I am going to have to do some more reading to find out why this is happening.

Its the same as when I set the timer to record and put it on standby, when i switch it back on all it says is tuner fail and I have to change channel to get a picture. When I go into recordings it shows the recorded program but never records it. If i try to play the recording, after a second it says 'are you sure you want to end playback'.

If I leave the box on (and not on standby) it record fine....

Looks like I will have to leave the box switched on for ever

Bloody frustrating!!

Update

I deleted BOXKEY and Cline from CCAM file

Rebooted box

I now get BBC World News on Thor 0.8e without any card or cline

Well Happy :)

Now I need to just get the standby & Recording issue out

Back