1.0m Dish Setup confused

So are you using the dm800 or dm500 at the moment? I just wonder if the DC line power from one of the stb is a little low to drive the motor.

Frenchman

Currently using the 500 (not sure if I fecked the settings) as I have never got the 800 to move it

If the 500 originally moved the dish I would stick with that for now, maybe try the goto reference function, if that doesn't work then I would still do a reset on the motor and try again.

I have found the linux boxes can sometimes be a bit funny with motors, until there are all set up. My TM1500 was the best device I have had for moving the dish.

If the 500 originally moved the dish I would stick with that for now, maybe try the goto reference function, if that doesn't work then I would still do a reset on the motor and try again.

I have found the linux boxes can sometimes be a bit funny with motors, until there are all set up. My TM1500 was the best device I have had for moving the dish.

cheers mate

Ok I have spent the last couple of hours on this

I have the dish pointing south.

I set the box to move the motor to 0.8 thor and it worked

I borrowed my brothers sat finder

I spent and hour up the pole trying to find a sat. I turned the dial up to 6 until it screeches then turned it down... then up... then down.... Cold not find feck all.. Moved the dish left, right, up ,,, down,,,,,,

Finally after getting drenched to the bone...... I nearly fell of the fecking ladder.... Rod Hull !! Flashed before my eyes!!!

I can't do this anymore on the dish... The box yes... But not the dish.... Does anyone know anybody within Hampshire I can pay to set this dish up?? Can a normal Sky guy do it?

cheers

I spent and hour up the pole trying to find a sat. I turned the dial up to 6 until it screeches then turned it down... then up... then down.... Cold not find feck all.. Moved the dish left, right, up ,,, down,,,,,,

Finally after getting drenched to the bone...... I nearly fell of the fecking ladder.... Rod Hull !! Flashed before my eyes!!!

I can't do this anymore on the dish... The box yes... But not the dish.... Does anyone know anybody within Hampshire I can pay to set this dish up?? Can a normal Sky guy do it?

cheers

I feel you pain mate. Hopefully you get it sorted soon. My only hope is that my mate is a sky installer and think thats about all he is clued up on. But if he can get me pointing to thor then, Im led to believe the box will take care of the rest.

So if you know a sky guy he should be able to get it to thor for you as your starting point.

cheers

Have you looked on the motor to see if it's actually driving to thor, if it is it should be pretty much on the zero on your motor.

Have you looked on the motor to see if it's actually driving to thor, if it is it should be pretty much on the zero on your motor.

Yes mate driving to thor as when i look at the motor its around the 0. The sat finder I used is poo!!.... didn't pick up anything

The dish is 120 foot away from house so cant adjust then look at tv screen

I downloaded E2 Channel Settings for Cuberevo from 45 east to 53 West and ftp'd then to my dm500s. thought I might be able to see the thor channels in my bouqets, i will have to have a read how to get the channels to automatically go to thor as all they seem to do is go to 28.2e.

I have been going into sat menu to currently move the dish to thor

Cheers

I feel you pain mate. Hopefully you get it sorted soon. My only hope is that my mate is a sky installer and think thats about all he is clued up on. But if he can get me pointing to thor then, Im led to believe the box will take care of the rest.

So if you know a sky guy he should be able to get it to thor for you as your starting point.

Spoke to a sky installer this afternoon mate. He said his sat finder could not find thor as they have been restricted...

pmo Can a normal Sky guy do it? cheers[/QUOTE said:
dont bank onit,,,,shud be but from my exp. the nupty spent half an our trying to get 13e and said his fkin metre was only set for 28e....
so i nearly had my own rod hull moment
when i was tempted to kick the base of the ladder with him still up it

bod, what would you do to try and get it without the aid of a device, Manually adjusting till you hit it ?

Yes mate driving to thor as when i look at the motor its around the 0. The sat finder I used is poo!!.... didn't pick up anything

The dish is 120 foot away from house so cant adjust then look at tv screen

I downloaded E2 Channel Settings for Cuberevo from 45 east to 53 West and ftp'd then to my dm500s. thought I might be able to see the thor channels in my bouqets, i will have to have a read how to get the channels to automatically go to thor as all they seem to do is go to 28.2e.

I have been going into sat menu to currently move the dish to thor

Cheers
M8 it's a whole lot easier if you can see the tv when your doing it lol.

Put the box onto a free BBC channel on Thor.

Set your dish pointing south as best you can.

Manually drive the dish a fraction to the west of zero.

With the bolts still slightly loose move the dish around until you get a picture on TV (if your 120 feet away from the TV you will need someone to shout like f*ck when you get a picture).

Then it's only a matter of adjusting for optimal signal and saving position.

M8 it's a whole lot easier if you can see the tv when your doing it lol.

Put the box onto a free BBC channel on Thor.

Set your dish pointing south as best you can.

Manually drive the dish a fraction to the west of zero.

With the bolts still slightly loose move the dish around until you get a picture on TV (if your 120 feet away from the TV you will need someone to shout like f*ck when you get a picture).

Then it's only a matter of adjusting for optimal signal and saving position.

cheers m8.

Where would you suggest the best place to download the the latest sat channels (that have thor ect) that i need to past into the enigma folder

cheers m8.

Where would you suggest the best place to download the the latest sat channels (that have thor ect) that i need to past into the enigma folder

Can you not get them with the blue button?

cheers

did the same at mr parsnips house and when he got an engineer in it turned out to be a new fooked lnb

did the same at mr parsnips house and when he got an engineer in it turned out to be a new fooked lnb

Cheers mate

i plugged the satfinder into my normal sly dish and it beeps if its plugged in or not. When i turn the beep down and plug the dish in it still does nothing.. Im thinking its the sat finder......

Sometimes cable lengths of more than 30m can struggle driving a Diseqc motor. Take the motor off the mount, bring it inside and connect the motor to the receiver using a short lead. That way you can test to see if the motor is moving when you select the channels on each satellite. It could be that the receiver doesn't have enough power to drive the motor when its 120 feet away. If you are still having problems with setting up and finally decide to throw the towel in give these guys a ring, they will sort it out for you and they are very good.

Good luck

Liam

If you look at your dish from a side on view is the face of the dish pointing up towards the sky, or near vertical?

Maybe you can take a pic side on?

Frenchman

Back