1.0m Dish Setup confused

Sometimes cable lengths of more than 30m can struggle driving a Diseqc motor. Take the motor off the mount, bring it inside and connect the motor to the receiver using a short lead. That way you can test to see if the motor is moving when you select the channels on each satellite. It could be that the receiver doesn't have enough power to drive the motor when its 120 feet away. If you are still having problems with setting up and finally decide to throw the towel in give these guys a ring, they will sort it out for you and they are very good.

Good luck

Liam

Cheers Liam

Got the motor moving ok. I think its my Kong sat finder. I borrowed it off my brother. When I plugged it into my sky feed to test it it beeps, when I take the lnb feed out it still beeps. I thought it would stop beeping in i removed the lnb. Do you think it's fecked??

they still scream m8 when power is connected

is the motor connected when youre trying this?

also, ive done this and added an hour to a job, is the meter connected the right way around? itll be labeled rec one side and LNB the other, if connected backwards, itll not work, put the meter between the motor and the LNB with the lide labeled rec connected to the motor, and the side that says LNB connected to the NLB

they still scream m8 when power is connected

is the motor connected when youre trying this?

also, ive done this and added an hour to a job, is the meter connected the right way around? itll be labeled rec one side and LNB the other, if connected backwards, itll not work, put the meter between the motor and the LNB with the lide labeled rec connected to the motor, and the side that says LNB connected to the NLB

Cheers digidude

I thought it was me mate. So i have now tested it on my sky dish with my dm800s connected the lnb side of the sky dish i connected to the lnb side of the meter. The in ant plug on the bck of the dm800s is plugged into the rec side of the meter right.

Hi pmoore31,I dont want to hijack this thread,did you ever get it going m8,if so what was the problem in the end,I seem to be in the same boat at the mo,and it seems senseless to start a new thread about the same problem.

Hi pmoore31,I dont want to hijack this thread,did you ever get it going m8,if so what was the problem in the end,I seem to be in the same boat at the mo,and it seems senseless to start a new thread about the same problem.

Hi Mate. Got the motor moving. Picked up another sat finder and will try to tune in on wednesday as got the day off. What problem you having mate

I cant find any of the satellites,the motor rotateseast to west no problem,but when I try to scan nothing can be found,which dish did you buy was it this one 1m MOTORISED SATELLITE DISH DiSEqC 1.2 MOTOR + 0.2 LNB on eBay (end time 31-Dec-09 17:19:04 GMT)

I got mine from southeastsatellite

We can provide everything you require for £150 plus £10 carriage. (Orbital dish, quad LNB, Cable, T and K bracket, fixings and u Bolts and a TM2600 motor. Kind regards.

As I say I will have another search to satellites on Wed and let you know m8

-

I got mine from southeastsatellite

We can provide everything you require for £150 plus £10 carriage. (Orbital dish, quad LNB, Cable, T and K bracket, fixings and u Bolts and a TM2600 motor. Kind regards.

As I say I will have another search to satellites on Wed and let you know m8

-

Keep me informed m8 and good luck.

some good reading on this thread guys, ive been trying for 3 weekends to set up my tm2600 motor but no joy, even stuck the tv almost out the window to see the signal strength but couldnt find anything, all the equipment is brand new, the signal stays on about 20% now matter where i move the dish, think i might change the lnb just incase its faulty. going to have another go this weekend tho, dont want it to beat me !! lol

some good reading on this thread guys, ive been trying for 3 weekends to set up my tm2600 motor but no joy, even stuck the tv almost out the window to see the signal strength but couldnt find anything, all the equipment is brand new, the signal stays on about 20% now matter where i move the dish, think i might change the lnb just incase its faulty. going to have another go this weekend tho, dont want it to beat me !! lol

I got mine more or less sorted m8,I lined the dish to south,then used usalls to try to find thor.Then put a sat signal finder on the lnb,then i adjusted the dish to try to lock onto thor,I get 99% signal with thor,but it still wont lock,not far off now as I can pick up free to air bsb and some german channels,I am doing a automatic scan right now and have picked up 1956 channels upto yet,and its only at 16% complete.

After spending a few hours today outside and up and down my ladder, could anyone please advise what I am doing wrong...

My LAT is 50.83 so elevation = 90 - 51 = 39

So i set my elevation on my motor to 39

I got the motor to move to 0.8 thor and got a signal on the screen. I did a manual service scan and found channels called TV5, TV1, 1st Baltic, LNK, Lietuvos (I managed to get a good picture on the TV1 Channel)

Managed to get this on thor 0.8

SNR 58%
AGC 99%
BER 0%
Lock Ticked

I have checked my pole and it is 100% plumb

Then I set the motor to move to 19.2 sat

SNR 0%
AGC 69%
BER 0%
Lock unticked

I thought I would try 28.2 to see if I could get bbc and all i got was

SNR 0%
AGC 59%
BER 0%
Lock unticked

I thought once I found thor it was all sorted using usuals and diseqc or do i need to move the dish again manually?

Could anyone please tell me where I am going wrong?

Last edited:
when on thor your motor should be on zero

send your motor to zero(left and right) move dish manually and find thor,when good signal on thor,slightly tighten up bolts and if ok it should find others then

just rechecked up the ladder and when thor is selected it goes to 0

When 19.2 is selected it goes to around 21

When 28. is selected it goes to around 31

Could this be my problem?

if motor latitude is ok,moter is zeroed and you get a good signal on thor you must be nearly there

do you get a good picture on bbc world on thor,,,,,,it maybe ur lat just need moving slightly either way

if motor latitude is ok,moter is zeroed and you get a good signal on thor you must be nearly there

do you get a good picture on bbc world on thor,,,,,,it maybe ur lat just need moving slightly either way

When i did a scan, it didnt find bbc world? am i pointing at the right sat do you think as all I got channels called TV5, TV1, 1st Baltic, LNK, Lietuvos (I managed to get a good picture on the TV1 Channel)

when i did mine i ignored the lat settings mostly,i just pointed it south and found thor,got a picture on bbc world,tightened up a little then tweaked as needed.......also try sending sat the other way instead of 28.2e .....tightening the bolts more one one side than the other can send it off

Looks like 1st Baltic is on sirius 3 on 5e so looks like you have to move the whole motor a bit more west.

Frenchman

Managed to get this on thor 0.8

SNR 58%
AGC 99%
BER 0%
Lock Ticked

if i right i had around the same signal and its wasnt showing anything i got told you nee over 65/70 to get a good picture,you must be somewhere near mate just keep trying.

try moving it ever so slighty left of right and get someone to watch the signal status while you move it then you sould get some feedback which way u need to move.

what i did was ever so slightly losen the motor which is connected to pole and bang the motor bracket with a rubber hammer this should move both dish n bracket together.

good luck

mr p

Back