Zgemma and OpenVPN

Cheers, I'll have another play about this evening.

I never had any .ovpn file from PIA only the 2 files and 2 folders i posted. :)

Ah ok. Well basically a .ovpn file is a configuration file for openvpn. The client.conf file u have is a basically a .ovpn file with the Auth-user line added.

I assumed your provider gave you ovpn files as that's how most do it. Most providers give .ovpn files and the the user just has to add there creditionals to it for it to work.

---edit--

Just noticed I made a mistake in my last message to run the .ovpn it should be

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

It should not be "cat"

Last edited:
Ah ok. Well basically a .ovpn file is a configuration file for openvpn. The client.conf file u have is a basically a .ovpn file with the Auth-user line added.

I assumed your provider gave you ovpn files as that's how most do it. Most providers give .ovpn files and the the user just has to add there creditionals to it for it to work.

---edit--

Just noticed I made a mistake in my last message to run the .ovpn it should be

Code:

It should not be "cat"

This is what comes up :)

root@zgemmah2h:~# openvpn /etc/openvpn/test.ovpn
Options error: No client-side authentication method is specified. You must use either --cert/--key, --pkcs12, or --auth-user-pass
Use --help for more information.

Ive got a plugin called Vpn Config Changer (i'm not sure how it got on there, but i can't get rid of it. when i go to remove plugins, i can't find it?)

I think it may be interferring with it?

Attachments

• zgem.jpg
    zgem.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 9
when u ran the script from your IPTV provider it probably installed automatically. Some providers scripts install a load of extra crap.

It didnt install via an IPK it installed by copying the files/folders needed on to the box thats why you cant find it in plugins.

in regards to the error uncomment the auth-user line and run the command again. Just remove the # to uncomment

when u ran the script from your IPTV provider it probably installed automatically. Some providers scripts install a load of extra crap.

It didnt install via an IPK it installed by copying the files/folders needed on to the box thats why you cant find it in plugins.

in regards to the error uncomment the auth-user line and run the command again. Just remove the # to uncomment
Comes up exactly the same? :)

It it possible for me to get rid of that plugin?

Comes up exactly the same? :)

It it possible for me to get rid of that plugin?

you will have to delete it manually by deleting the folder that contains the files for it. I dont know where they are as i have never encountered the plugin before.

you could save your bouquets and reflash your box so it will be clean image and then put the bouquets back on.

can you run this command.
cat /etc/openvpn/test.ovpn

there shouldnt be any confidential data printed out so can you post the output.

also
run this command but dont post the output. just make sure it prints out ur username and password correctly and they are both on separate lines.
cat /etc/openvpn/Password.conf

you will have to delete it manually by deleting the folder that contains the files for it. I dont know where they are as i have never encountered the plugin before.

you could save your bouquets and reflash your box so it will be clean image and then put the bouquets back on.

can you run this command.
cat /etc/openvpn/test.ovpn

there shouldnt be any confidential data printed out so can you post the output.

also
run this command but dont post the output. just make sure it prints out ur username and password correctly and they are both on separate lines.
cat /etc/openvpn/Password.conf

The first command

root@zgemmah2h:~# cat /etc/openvpn/test.ovpn
client
dev tun
proto udp
remote germany.privateinternetaccess.com 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
cipher aes-128-cbc
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
#auth-user-pass password.conf
comp-lzo
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
crl-verify crl.rsa.2048.pem
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt
disable-occ

The second

root@zgemmah2h:~# cat /etc/openvpn/Password.conf
cat: can't open '/etc/openvpn/Password.conf': No such file or directory

try these files. vpn is germany and PIA.
You will need to login to PIA for your user and pass.
I just made dummy user and password. Install openvpn on zgemma i suggest you use openatv 6.1
Put four files in folder then FTP it to “etc”

There is guide on PIA site.

right mate ive done a fresh open 6.1 image, added your files (changed password etc)

now in the openvpn setup I can get it running ok but when I exit and go back in its red again! ive got autostart enabled

try this
The first command

try this for the pasword file. again dont post the output just make sure it says what its suppose to.

cat /etc/openvpn/password.conf

sorry dar1437 I'm not hijacking your thread just hoping one of us can get it running lol

have you tried it with rivers files?

sorry dar1437 I'm not hijacking your thread just hoping one of us can get it running lol

have you tried it with rivers files?

try what im getting dar to do. try running from the command line as you will get the error that way.

@dar just looking at the a PIA guide and it says you have to generate the keys and cert on their site. Where did you get the keys/cert from??

also try to include the full path to the keys so it change the lines
crl-verify crl.rsa.2048.pem
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt
auth-user-pass password.conf

crl-verify /etc/openvpn/crl.rsa.2048.pem
ca /etc/openvpn/ca.rsa.2048.crt
auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/password.conf

Last edited:
Yes it printed correctly.

All the files were downloded from PIA's website.

did you generate the files? it should of generated you an ovpn file also.

delete the test.ovpn file and create it again with the below.

Code:

Last edited:
did you generate the files? it should of generated you an ovpn file also.

delete the test.ovpn file and create it again with the below.

Code:

No, i just downloaded a zip with them in. I did generate the user password for pptp/l2tp/socks5 though.

Still no luck with the changes :)

if I run openvpn /etc/openvpn/test.ovpn heres what I'm getting back:

Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file: /etc/openvpn/t est.ovpn
root@zgemmah2h:~#

No, i just downloaded a zip with them in. I did generate the user password for pptp/l2tp/socks5 though.

Still no luck with the changes :)

ok and you are using the user ands password you generated for pptp/l2tp/socks5?

if I run openvpn /etc/openvpn/test.ovpn heres what I'm getting back:

Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file: /etc/openvpn/t est.ovpn
root@zgemmah2h:~#

can you run this command
Code:

i'd say the issue is with the "-" symbol so. can you try using the config i posted earlier and copy and paste that into your config.

Back