Zgemma and OpenVPN

same as dars. more than likely the problem. i sent dars a test ovpn that i knows works if he gets the same issue then we know its the image.

im assuming your getting the same error as below?
Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)

I was!! but I'm now getting no such file/directory......ive been mucking about with that many files I dunno whats what now!.....ill start again if I need to install a new image.

I was!! but I'm now getting no such file/directory......ive been mucking about with that many files I dunno whats what now!.....ill start again if I need to install a new image.

we just confirmed its image related so try another image

ive got a ipab image so ill give it a bash in a bit.

or is it easier to try another vpn?

ive got a ipab image so ill give it a bash in a bit.

or is it easier to try another vpn?
I had problems setting up PIA with ipab. I can comfirm as ive just done it again on a zgemma i55 and had it up and going within 5 mins.
It is a clean image from OpenATV site and it is 6.1.
The files that i uploaded put them FOUR files into a folder called openvpn

Now make sure you install ovenvpn on zgemma before you FTP anything over.
When you FTP the openvpn folder to etc open the openvpn folder “within” filezilla. Now go to the folder named password. Edit the password to the one that is given to you when you login PIA.
Save it. Filezilla will show this being edited.
After that reboot zgemma. Go to openvpn within zgemma. Set for auto start then reboot.
Then when it reboots go to openvpn again and it should be running if not press start.

I have just done this on zgemma i55 with clean flash of OpenATV 6.1.

I've just followed your instructions Stevie, zgemma H5.2TC. Very easy thanks.
Don't know why I did it though, haven't got iptv :)

looks like the tunnel device not installed on image, as you know VPN requires tunnel to work, and that command I asked to run proved it. Doesnt matter which VPN you use, it wont work until the tun model is installed

looks like the tunnel device not installed on image, as you know VPN requires tunnel to work, and that command I asked to run proved it. Doesnt matter which VPN you use, it wont work until the tun model is installed

very strange that one of the most popular images and the one probably most recommended for IPTV doesn't have it installed.

is zgemma supported by openATV?

You're correct @jfish, just setup a log file and got this error
ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)
I'm running openatv 6.1 on a zgemma H5.2TC. I don't need openvpn running as yet but will probably need it sometime in the future.

You're correct @jfish, just setup a log file and got this error
ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)
I'm running openatv 6.1 on a zgemma H5.2TC. I don't need openvpn running as yet but will probably need it sometime in the future.

I would get openvpn installed and then configure if as and when you need it. go into OpenVPN thru Network and this will install the necessaey modules and files

oh sorry.

I thought you meant you got it working on the old image.

delighted we got to the bottom of it.:):)

My green light stayed on but the log showed it wasn't working. Add this line "log /etc/openvpn/pia.log" to your client.conf and check your log to see if it's running or not

The show log is blank lol. I'm not sure i added the line correctly? It displays ok in Dream Explorer.

(I've some how managed to **** up my Sky FTA bouquet in the EPG. and the clock on the display has jumped an hour forward to CET. FFS lol)

The show log is blank lol. I'm not sure i added the line correctly? It displays ok in Dream Explorer.

(I've some how managed to **** up my Sky FTA bouquet in the EPG. and the clock on the display has jumped an hour forward to CET. FFS lol)

the show logs points to a different log if you aren't using the default openvpn log location and file it will show blank.

the time is different becuase you are connect to a VPN server in another location and your zgemma thinks you are in that part of the world. The test.ovpn i gave you was configured for the US get the .ovpn file for a local UK server to have the correct time. you can get them on the PIA site.

I 'm sorry dar, I meant check the log file that will be created in the openvpn folder.

the time is different becuase you are connect to a VPN server in another location and your zgemma thinks you are in that part of the world. The test.ovpn i gave you was configured for the US get the .ovpn file for a local UK server to have the correct time. you can get them on the PIA site.

No, the time was different as soon as i booted up the new image. (before sorting the VPN) I couldn't fine any reference to it in the Pluggins, so i downloaded Permanent VFD Clock to see if it would overide it, but no lusk. :)

Back