Zestyfind.co. ????

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
for some time now zestyfind.com have been taking over from my home page
:( it must be some kinda spyware ,I have run pest patrol and adware and spybot now it hasent took over my home page but now when I open a link from another page it opens a zestyfind page saying zestyfind cannot find the page GRRRRR its really starting to get on my nerves now
please help a despeate Rat ;)

Rat if your using spybot you can set it so it locks your home page and stops it being "hijacked" :)

JayG I have used spy sweeper too m8 :(
bronto will check out what u said m8 ;)
MH there are a couple of things in Add/Remove Im not 100% sure about m8
IWF internet safty presentation ?? and RTL Setup ?? are these 2 programmes any good or shall I delete them :)

think its sorted now Thanks to MairyHinge ;) found it in regedit and deleted the file :) seems to be fine at the minute ,Ill see how it goes :)

Cheers chris m8 :)

ARRRRRRRRRRR :( its back

Ive searched the registry and nothing in there for zesy ? anyone ..please

Dont know if this would help at all. But you got nowt to lose :) Dont think it'll get rid of it totally though might disable it.
Its just a guess :( if it dont work you can just change it back.

Tools (at top of screeen)/Internet Options/Privacy/Edit/"type the url"/Block

yo rat you could try regedit \hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main if its hijacked your home page and double click on the start page which is your home page and delete zestyfind.com entry and replace it with the home page you want paste it in i have just done this as when i installed adsl useing the suppled disk it changed my home page to the isp's main page and would not let me change it to anything else to get it to back to how it used to be before you need to change the value of one of the REG-DWORD entry's from 0 to 1 or 1 to zero not to sure which but i have more than one REG-DWORD entry so i have not sorted which is the correct one but at least i have changed the home page this way ....

this is where it is m8
change this for ur name
\/
C:\DOCUME~1\dave\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.500\HijackThis.exe R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.zestyfind.com/ R1 - HKCU ...

well it seems to be sorted now :) Dark Angel helped me loads ;) as did MH we ran every spyware on the market I think lol and zsety find is no more :)then another one poped up and damage gave me some info on it ;) thanks guys I think the main cause of it was Bearshare :( needless to say I deleted it

Rat

rat i was just on symantecs site if you are useing norton a\v they have updated there profiles for zestyfind as of the 16th it may detect it but unsure if it removes it

Adware.ZestyFind
Detected as:
Adware.ZestyFind

Aliases:
None

Area of Infection:
Cluster

Characteristics:
Wild

No additional information.

This threat is detected by the latest Virus Definitions.

All computer users should employ safe computing practices, including:

Keeping your Virus Definitions updated.
Installing Norton AntiVirus program updates, when available.
Deleting suspicious looking emails.

cheers Damage just updted ;) running a scan now :) we'll see what it finds

right Norton found nothing :( Ive run Adware ,PestPatrol ,Spybot and SpywareBlaster ..now it finds all spyware :) but when I delete them they just come back :( how can I delete them for good ??

Back