Youview box

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just picked up a youview box (really cheap)& i am really impressed with the features. especially for something subscription free. Everything seems to work as it should. You can watch or record upto 2 channels & at the same time use any of the iplayers to view something else or watch a previously recorded program. I like the fact that you can scroll back 7 days to view most things that have been on through the tv guide. Its got loads of other features but the one i am curious about is the usb slot(maybe to use as a media player). one more feature i will mention is you can control & stream to upto 5 mobile devices( think its limited to iphone & ipad at minute) but there are plans to release an android app.

Just thought i would mention this as most people think its just a freeview recorder and if mods think this should be in freeview section please move(i wasn't sure myself)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

sounds like a tidy little box. didnt realise they were sub free i will have to bare that in mind.

cheers

Yeah all the stuff i mentioned is sub free but you can sub to get sky general/movies/sports. The box i have is a talktalk huawei with 320gb hard drive. I have read about them on the net & they go for about £120 ish on auction sites. They are given away by various broadband /tv firms when people subscribe to their service but alot of people have no idea of what they can do. Most of the stuff wouldnt work if its not connected to a router. It needs a minimum of 2mb connection for streaming. So you get alot of people selling them cheap because they haven't realised it needs internet connection & because it was a freebie for subbing to broadband.

Ive been looking at getting one of these YouView boxes to replace my Fetch TV Freeview HD box
what did you pay for it mate and what box did you get

hi, ive been looking at thiese for a while aswell, look pretty good, theres a new one just come out ant there with a 1tb hard drive in it ? could you upgrade the hard drive your self if you wanted to ? and just to double check im presuming they can be used on any isp ? like using a talktalk youview box on a bt connection or vice verser ? thanks

I got mine for £30 off local buy n sell site but its defo worth £120 off auction sites.(to buy without subbing i think they want £299 which is a bit steep)

£30 !!! :Yikes: jammy bugger :)

Like i say there's loads of people dont know what they are worth because there given free from isp for taking out subs and if they dont connect it to internet then its just a freeview recorder so there's a good chance of picking one up cheap.

Was it a Huawei or Humax box mate ?

just to confirm if its a Huawei (talkTalk) this will still work with all the extra features ? catchup etc

Was it a Huawei or Humax box mate ?

just to confirm if its a Huawei (talkTalk) this will still work with all the extra features ? catchup etc

dont quote me on this but off the top of my head i can remember,
reading a review on another forum about the two boxes and apparently the humax has a bigger HDD,
but the talktalk huwaei has better features

p.s £30 is a bargain! lol

Last edited:
Its the huawei talktalk box i have but i think all of them would work with catchup & all the various iplayers. The only thing that wont work is the added subscription services(they offer sky ,sky movies & sky sports as a pay n go service with a month as minimum sub). But if you wanted those you would subscribe n get a free box anyway or go down a different route.

Last edited:
Hi, i went on ebay last night and a guy was selling one round corner from me and was collect only so made a deal with him, picked it up today and installed it and got to admit there a pretty decent little box, they even got the nowtv sky app on if you want to pay for that month by month, everything is dead easy to use, tried recording while watching another channel and worked great, really like the way you can go back on the epg to see what you have missed and just press play to watch it, overall really happy with it so far,

Ive been watching these for days on ebay and they are going for £80+ and about £10 delivery

Ill keep looking lol

Probably best to try local buy n sell groups on facebook

Ive been watching these for days on ebay and they are going for £80+ and about £10 delivery

Ill keep looking lol

think you're in Essex Rat (not sure??) if so there's a brand new 'YouView box brand new in box ' Talk Talk one on Gumtree for £80 ono. Might be worth a look & a wee cheeky offer if you're local (Westcliff-on-sea).
HH.

Reactions: Rat
cheers hh just made an offer :)

Sent From My BB PlayBook

Picked it up earlier :) all up and running, tidy little box from what Ive played with so far

has anyone put there talktalk details in that isnt on the full package ?

thanks HappyH for pointing this out to me ;) rep added

Picked it up earlier :) all up and running, tidy little box from what Ive played with so far

has anyone put there talktalk details in that isnt on the full package ?

thanks HappyH for pointing this out to me ;) rep added

how much did you end up getting it for?

Back