YouTube/MyTube

It was catch 22 at the time, and I only went for a 800HD as been out the scene and plodding along with a dream 600S and then the new HDMI came along and hit me in the face, I was so close to getting the SE but at the time there was little people with them, suppose it has it's advantages as I can break the 800HD for the benefit of the forum ;)

Having a mare the day (see PC Thread) You got to love how you turn things off on a night time and head for the hay! and then when you turn them back on in the morning they are having none of it! that's where some times if I haven't taking my prozac i start to smash things......used to do that quite a lot, you know that feeling when you set of with all the right tools and you get 15 screws out all with out threading them, and then there's one that just won't budge and you know you shouldn't but you end up just smashing the "said" item instead, ripping at it like the scene from american wear wolf in London where it goes aka on them 2 kids on the moors......I've learned to light a "joss" stick and breath now....lololol

They really do seem to have a mind of their own sometimes these things, got 1 dm800 & 2 dm800se and they all act differently. One of the 800se's hate tspanel & green screens whenever you use it the other is 100% fine with it., never tried the joss stick route usually just take the mutts out and forget about it for a couple of hours. Lot of stuff as ended up in my bins in the past though lol

finally i got my dm 800 se hd working on youtube... ! :) thankz to all

How can I install this plugin? I tried to user telnet "ipkg install", "opkg install", "opkg update" and tried downloading filemanager and media scanner from green button but nothing works:

telnet: ipkg not found and opkg unable to install or update
filemanager: installed, but can't find it anywhere
mediascanner: downloaded so that i could install local extension, but when i press blue button and go to install local extension, it still says media scanner not found.

this one works for me , think its an update from t panel

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube_experimental-git20110807-r0_dm800_2.zip
    337.6 KB · Views: 8
I always install this way mate

FTP to TMP folder

On Dreambox
Blue
Software Management
Install Local Extention
Memory /TMP
make sure a tick is in the file(s) you want to install
Green to install

I always install this way mate

FTP to TMP folder

On Dreambox
Blue
Software Management
Install Local Extention
Memory /TMP
make sure a tick is in the file(s) you want to install
Green to install

Thanks, that's what I tried first, but when I get to Install local extension, I get the following screen:

Extension.jpg

I tried installing the MediaScanner extension from the plugin manager, but it gave some error and I exited before I could screenshot it and then MediaScanner disappeared from the list. After restarting enigma, it returned, I tried to download it just now and got the following error:

Error.jpg

Trying to install filebrowser (so i could install the ipk directly from the box itself) gave the following error:

Error2.jpg

I remember having troubles finding one that worked on the Image I was using at the time tbh

its not a plugin I install now as my TV has it so dont need it on dreambox no more

what Image are you using mate ?

I remember having troubles finding one that worked on the Image I was using at the time tbh

its not a plugin I install now as my TV has it so dont need it on dreambox no more

what Image are you using mate ?

I've been trying to figure that out for the best past of the last 3 weeks lol.

I think it's DreamboxUK v1.1 , but can't be sure as I've got a bunch of image files. When i power up, the screen says dreamboxuk

How can I find out the exact image details?

menu
Information
About

thats a fairly old image now mate
as I think they are on 2.1.1 or something like that, you can use newer SSL files too (newer drivers
Im still using DW 1.1 with SSL84b but its whatever your used too mate :)

menu
Information
About

thats a fairly old image now mate
as I think they are on 2.1.1 or something like that, you can use newer SSL files too (newer drivers
Im still using DW 1.1 with SSL84b but its whatever your used too mate :)

I was looking for a new image which is why I was trying to find out which image i had lol. Glad I've found that out now :)

I think the SSL84b is for DM800SE, I've got DM800HD...so I'm not sure which is the latest SSL file. Could you help me out here please?

My plan of action:

Update the SSL file (not sure how to do this again, power on holding standby button and use web interface?)
Update the image - Hoping this clears out the whole of the internal flash so I have a brand new fresh box
Set up the box
Change skin
Install CrossEPG
Install MyTube

How does that sound?

I always assume people have SE's lol sorry mate
I know Dibbers has a 800HD Im sure he will point you in the right direction when he see's this mate :)

To get this working on a dream800 (black hole) as Smirnoff posted then you have to remove the existing one that comes with the image before installing the new one.

Smirnoff posted the working one and I've also added it to the downloads section for the dream800HD clone.

So, I'd maybe fire up DCC (dream box control centre) remove the existing one, reboot, then open DCC and then re-install it, re-boot and you should be good to go.

(If you haven't got dream box control centre, then you should get it, makes installing package files a breeze, and lots of other things as well, it's like an all in one program for the dream)

So yeah, in all the images that I've seen that come with "youtube" they never work, have to be removed for what ever reason and the enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube_experimental-git2. installed.

To get this working on a dream800 (black hole) as Smirnoff posted then you have to remove the existing one that comes with the image before installing the new one.

Smirnoff posted the working one and I've also added it to the downloads section for the dream800HD clone.

So, I'd maybe fire up DCC (dream box control centre) remove the existing one, reboot, then open DCC and then re-install it, re-boot and you should be good to go.

(If you haven't got dream box control centre, then you should get it, makes installing package files a breeze, and lots of other things as well, it's like an all in one program for the dream)

So yeah, in all the images that I've seen that come with "youtube" they never work, have to be removed for what ever reason and the enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube_experimental-git2. installed.

Is the above to do with installing a new image? lol, can't tell if you're referring to MyTube or to the image (or the SSL)

Edit: I'm gonna get out of this thread as I've gone way off topic...sorry Rat

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO found one that works :proud:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Just to let you know how I got on with this one. I tried this on my image: DreamboxUK 2.1.2 with ssl84b but would get a green screen of death when i tried to exit the plugin

Will try another one on my setup and report back :)

? the one that's working on mine is in the downloads section mate?

Back