xtrend 8000 cccam & mgcamd

glic83

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice here.
My brother has an xtrend 8000 and is using openatv.
He is currently using cccam and shares his sly card ( just Setanta & BT channels Ireland) and he receives sly uk channels.

He has decided to get another line but the problem is its an mgcamd line.
I tried putting it in as an Nline in cccam and no joy.

The question I have is can I put mgcamd on the box for him put the mgcamd line into newcamd.list as a CWS, which will give him access to that server.(he will be client only from this server). if I put an fline into cccam.cfg and a cline into cccamd.list will that work? So that my dad can still get channels from him as a peer and so can the guy in the uk?

He wants to be able to view the channels from the mgcamd server but he still needs cccam to read his card and share with his clients.

I would have used oscam and it wouldn't be an issue using the mgcamd line but for some reason oscam won't read his card at 3pm time on setanta sports 1 so thats why he uses cccam.

Regards
glic83

Last edited:
Some images Vix for example can run 2 Emu's at the same time. Other Images say Blackhole not available on your box can assign individual channels to specific cams. I don't remember if OpenATV has these capabilities im not running it at the mo so this is purely info only.

I'll check that and see if the option is there, I know on the menu it has cam 1 and cam 2, but if the 2 cams were running at the same time, what decides which cam will open the channel? I could be wrong but if you start cccam 1st and then mgcamd that its supposed to work away ok.

I'll check that and see if the option is there, I know on the menu it has cam 1 and cam 2, but if the 2 cams were running at the same time, what decides which cam will open the channel? I could be wrong but if you start cccam 1st and then mgcamd that its supposed to work away ok.

If both cams are started what cam has rights to open that channel will kick in if both cams have the rights then i suppose it will be which opens quickest although i dont know that for sure. The people connected to you will always use CCcam its all they can use so that will always run, mgcamd will run concurrently with CCcam if it is asked to open a channel it can.

I prefer the way Blackhole images does it in the you can tell it what cam should open what although that does take some time to setup.

lets say the brother is watching a channel and mgcamd is clearing it , and one of the clients requests to watch setanata , will it work ok and cccam work away as it should sharing it?

lets say the brother is watching a channel and mgcamd is clearing it , and one of the clients requests to watch setanata , will it work ok and cccam work away as it should sharing it?

Yes both cams should be able to run at the same time. Try it !

Yes both cams should be able to run at the same time. Try it !

Yeah just need to call up to his now, I suppose if cccam is doing its job I could just use oscam (with the the mgcamd line) as the 2nd cam and read it from there.

I would normally use Oscam in a situation like this @Ferret, but for some reason when using oscam it fails to clear 3pm kick offs, it works fine as soon as the match is over, but cccam clears the 3pm no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back