Xbox DVD playback

mattbuffey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello. I have a softmodded xbox running a recent version of XBMC connected to my LCD telly via a component cable (not the official one, although still relatively good quality). I have the Xbox set to output 1080i video.

My problem is that when playing a DVD I get flickering in the top 10-15% of my screen. If the picture is static, there is no flicker, but if the image is moving then i get the flicker. The problem also appears on playback of Divx files although it is less noticable. I tried sharing my PCs DVD drive and playing the file back through the Xbox via the network and I got the same problem. I've tried messing with the settings also, but that didn't seem to work.

Anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Matt.

mattbuffey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. I haven't tried the screen calibration settings, no (I have no idea what they do.....). I'll have a p*ss around with them (unless you can siggest a more structured approach?)

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
screen calibration changes the dimensions of the screen mate, I'd try that

mattbuffey

Inactive User
Reaction score
No joy with the calibration settings i'm afraid. I guess there's not much else I can do. Wish I hadn't given away my dvd player....

Trancemaster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have you tried changing it down to 720p instead? Works a treat for me with the knock-off HD pack I got off ebay.

TEST