Xbox DVD playback

mattbuffey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello. I have a softmodded xbox running a recent version of XBMC connected to my LCD telly via a component cable (not the official one, although still relatively good quality). I have the Xbox set to output 1080i video.

My problem is that when playing a DVD I get flickering in the top 10-15% of my screen. If the picture is static, there is no flicker, but if the image is moving then i get the flicker. The problem also appears on playback of Divx files although it is less noticable. I tried sharing my PCs DVD drive and playing the file back through the Xbox via the network and I got the same problem. I've tried messing with the settings also, but that didn't seem to work.

Anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Matt.

Thanks for the fast reply. I haven't tried the screen calibration settings, no (I have no idea what they do.....). I'll have a p*ss around with them (unless you can siggest a more structured approach?)

screen calibration changes the dimensions of the screen mate, I'd try that

No joy with the calibration settings i'm afraid. I guess there's not much else I can do. Wish I hadn't given away my dvd player....

Have you tried changing it down to 720p instead? Works a treat for me with the knock-off HD pack I got off ebay.

Back