Information Overload

nowuckinfurries

DW Regular
Reaction score
Reading and reading loads as there is over 10 years of info around but trying to pinpoint the answer is taking ages.Anyone able to point me in right direction?

My chipped Wii laser drive is kaput..Tried new laser but no joy so can only play via USB. Anyone know of a way I can put copied games that were burnt onto DVD onto USB.

Reading and reading loads as there is over 10 years of info around but trying to pinpoint the answer is taking ages.Anyone able to point me in right direction?

My chipped Wii laser drive is kaput..Tried new laser but no joy so can only play via USB. Anyone know of a way I can put copied games that were burnt onto DVD onto USB.

Just curious @nowuckinfurries, as I can't remember changing a WII laser, I might have.

Is there a solder bridge to remove before you fit it?

Did you clean and re-grease the mechanical bits? I've revived a few consoles with that in the past that had disk read problems.

Cheers for reply. No it was an older laser and the solder bridge didnt have to be removed. I didn't re-lube the mechanical bits but will next time I open. If only I had some spare time on my hands.........😂

Cheers for reply. No it was an older laser and the solder bridge didnt have to be removed. I didn't re-lube the mechanical bits but will next time I open. If only I had some spare time on my hands.........😂

Might be worth a go, I used to take the PS2 mechanism to bits and clean the worm gear and the bars etc. :)

Back