Dolby atmos soundbar

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So guys, I have tried my best to figure out the issue here and I can only think its either a cable problem/soundbar problem or simply just a setting.

THis is what i get when i plug the xbox one x directly to the tv.

hdr.jpg

this is what i get when i set it up for dolby atmos.

hdratmos.jpg

Am i thinking it needs more apps to work better,getting as bad as my bloody mobile:)

There is nothing on those 2 screens which relate to Atmos they all relate to Video only input

How is it connected up with other devices might also help,what inputs on the atmos?

How is it connected up with other devices might also help,what inputs on the atmos?

This is correct, I want dolby atmos and HDR gaming but seems I can't have both. Not sure if this is to do with the soundbar being classsed as '4k passthrough' and not mentioning 'HDR passthrough'. None of the soundbars on Curry's site say 'HDR passthrough' just '4k passthrough'

There is nothing on those 2 screens which relate to Atmos they all relate to Video only input

I have 2 hdmi inputs and one ARC, so 3 in total. I can only get atmos in HDMI mode from hdmi ports one or two -using the soundbar as a hub, so one of the remaining two not marked as ARC. The soundbar can connect to the TV via the arc hdmi port, but you won't get dolby atmos using the TV as the hub!

What make is the soundbar as the only ones that i know that pass through HDR,HLG & Dolby Vision are the LG, Sony, Yamaha

It was a
JVC TH-D588B 5.1.2

None of the soundbars on Currys site say HDR passthrough, even the ones you've mentioned! I know now that the original soundbar I was going to buy was HDR passthrough but the reviews were not so good.

Golden rule, never buy from Curry's

this one does: SAMSUNG harman/kardon HW-N850 5.1.2 Wireless Cinematic Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos

and this one: LG SK10Y 5.1.2 Wireless Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos

the Yamaha only supports DTS: Virtual X : LG SK10Y 5.1.2 Wireless Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos

all of these pass through HDR, HLG and Dolby Vision, i am afraid you have to up your budget for what you want

SONY HTXF9000 2.1 Wireless Cinematic Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos <---that one has HDR passthrough according to amazon!

I always check the manufacturers website for specs on products, as I have found that some websites don’t always have the correct specs and can be misleading....

Deffo a good point if buying an original clone ,ooooooops

Back