xbox 360 stuck on update screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogie

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,

My son hired a copy of Fifa 2012 from the video shop and plugged it into our flashed xbox360 elite. He accidently selected yes to update and know its stuck on following screen cant update your console status code 22fb-351f-b800-0402-c000-016b. I cant get it back to my xbox dash no matter what i try. Ive downloaded latest update from xbox but it still staying stuck on this menu.
Any help appreciated.

cheers

are you using a spoofed dvd drive? this happened to me with a spoofed drive the console just wouldn't update luckly the update eventually failed and it return to dashbored

It may be bricked

Its sounds like it tried to do a dashboard update, which has probably attempted to re-flash your DVD drive, but it's failed.

Has the DVD drive every been changed? Have you had this from new?

The only thing I can think of is returning the drive to a stock firmware, and see if it lets you complete the update?? That's the only thing I can think of. Do you have the DVD drive key?

Will be interesting to see what others think

hi,

Ive had xbox for around 18months and DVD drive has never been changed the only thing done to it was dvddrive was flashed with IEXTREME 1.6 and Ive never had any problems until the fifa 2012 update.

cheers

you need to finish the update from usb stick,then you will need to get that drive reflashed

hi,

Ive tried to do the update from xbox.com and put it onto a usb stick but it still just hangs on the cannot update your console message. Do i need to get the FIFA 2012 update and put that on a usb stick. If so where can I get this from.

cheers

same for me when i tried to update with a flashed drive mate...... had to flash back to stock to take the update.

check out here

Last edited by a moderator:
Wot Dibbers said.

I did the same with original disc fifa 12 to my sons xbox. Had a sammy drive in it and when I read it in jungleflasher it was showing liteon firmware so the xbox had started to flash it. Flashed back to Sammy stock, took the update fine, then flashed to 2.0

(Banned anyway so dont care if it is flagged :) )

All sorted :)

ite, ok man thanks..........(just heading off to get the 360 open and have GOW3 and a spare drive) right off to have a go.....don't want to hijack this thread!

hi,

My son hired a copy of Fifa 2012 from the video shop and plugged it into our flashed xbox360 elite. He accidently selected yes to update and know its stuck on following screen cant update your console status code 22fb-351f-b800-0402-c000-016b. I cant get it back to my xbox dash no matter what i try. Ive downloaded latest update from xbox but it still staying stuck on this menu.
Any help appreciated.

cheers

Here's how to fix:
1. Push the eject tray button.
2. Unplug the power cord
3. Put an original copy of the Disc with the update on which you got stuck in the tray.
4. Gently push in the tray to the half way point (with the disc still in)
5. Plug the power cord back in.
6. Turn on the xbox 360

Should update no problem

According to the error code you gave, the xbox failed to update you from dash 8955 to dash 13599. Try clearing the update first as given in the previous message if that doesn't work you'll have to re-flash the drive to stock before the update can be completed. To complete the update you need disc with the same 13599 dash on it to complete the update successfully as it will not accept any other dash updates unless you manage to cancel/clear the previous update.

guys, the OP had the problem nearly 2 years ago...

I think the OP will have either fixed the box by now or smashed it to pieces.. :)

thread closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back