Xbox 360 Update Center

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Just found this place guys looks very good for game updates ect :)

What is this site for?

The XBOX 360 Update Center provides title updates for your XBOX 360 games. This site can be used if you are not able to download recent Title Updates via XBOX LIVE. This service should be used by people, owning an original XBOX 360 console, having no possibility to connect to XBOX LIVE. Everybody has the right to acquire updates for their bought software, regardless of technical possibilities.

What does TU mean?

TU is a common abbrevation for title update.

There are so many updates for my game. How do I know which update is the right one?

The best way to know which update is the right one for you, is to know the Media-ID of your game.
RECOMMENDED: If you don't know the Media-ID of your game, the second best way to find out which update is the right one, is to look at the region of the title update. Use the following region/country mapping as a guideline:

* PAL: Europe, Australia and some countries in Asia and Africa
* NTSC-U: United States and Canada
* NTSC-J: Japan and some countries in Asia

You should download the newest versions of the title updates that correspondends to your region. For example, if your game is from USA you should download the those title updates, where region is NTSC-U or Region Free. The XBOX 360 console is clever enough to pick the right update for you in the end ;).

Do I need those older updates, too?

Updates are commulative. This means that you only need the newest title update. So if there is a TU1 and a TU2 you'll only need to download TU2 because TU1 is already included in TU2.

How do I get those updates on my XBOX 360 console?

1. Update your XBOX 360 console to the latest dashboard version
2. Get yourself an usb stick with at least 1GB capacity
3. Format it as a XBOX 360 Memory Unit on your XBOX 360 console via 'Dashboard/System/Storage'
4. Connect your usb stick to your PC
5. On your pc, download XTAF (Latest Beta). Big thanks go out to Slasherking823 for this great app.
6. Run XTAF and click on 'File/Open Drive'. Now move to 'Cache Partition/Cache' and drag your update files into this folder. This will take some seconds.
7. Connect your usb stick with the XBOX 360 console and start your game

The next time you want to copy updates to your usb stick, start at 6. Your usb stick must be connected with the XBOX 360 console for updates to work.

Alternatively

Many newer updates with filenames such as tu00000002_00000000 need to be placed in the Content partition of the hard drive or main memory stick. /partition3/content/0000000000000000/<TITLEID>/000B0000/

I've got some updates, how can I share them?

NICE ;). In the menu at the right, you can start uploading files by clicking on 'Upload files'. Select all the title updates you've got an click on 'Open'.

How do I know if a update was successful?

Some games are displaying a version number somewhere on the mainmenu or in the option screen. For other games, there isn't any chance for knowing if an update was successful.

I've done everything as described but the update didn't work?

First, check if you got the right update and moved it correctly onto your usb stick. If you are completly sure, that you've done everything correctly, you can clear the cache of your storage device by going to dashboard/settings/storage/maintainance.

Xbox 360 Update Center

Attachments

• USBXTAFGUI_v44.zip
    404.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back