Xbox 360 Slim dead after lifting solder pad stby_clk

Julez101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all...

I am new to this forum so if I go against any rules or am posting in the wrong section please be as kind as to redirect me in the right path!

My problem is this, I have recently decided that I want to remove my RGH from my xbox 360 Trinity mobo. I removed my coolrunner and then used nand-x to flash back the original nand. I then tried to read the nand and got an error message on j runner. The nand is somehow now unreadable?? I then put the xbox back together and plugged it in to see if it would switch on and nothing.. The buttons beep but there is no boot up. Absolutely dead. I have been searching for ages and have tried different tutorials on fixing this problem but have come up empty handed. If any of you have fixed this problem previously please would you be as kind as to pass on some helpful advice because I am fresh out of ideas.

Thanks a lot

Jump the left hand side of R3B15 to where my orange wire goes to here.

whitey.jpg

Hiya Oggy and thanks for the fast reply. I think I might have made a mistake by naming it stby_clk but it is the pad underneath the board, between the ''X'' clamp. The pads are numbered FT5P2 till FT5R16. Do you know if it is the stby clk? I had the wire from my coolrunner attached there and it is now lifted. If I am not mistaken the pad is FT5R2 on the underside closest to the hole which the xclamp connects to the nut. I think I have completely ruined this board, I will get some photos up because that would help a great deal.

Think you will find it`s the FT4R2 , CPU_RST or `D` coming off the Coolrunner.It`s fixable though.
Hiya Oggy and thanks for the fast reply. I think I might have made a mistake by naming it stby_clk but it is the pad underneath the board, between the ''X'' clamp. The pads are numbered FT5P2 till FT5R16. Do you know if it is the stby clk? I had the wire from my coolrunner attached there and it is now lifted. If I am not mistaken the pad is FT5R2 on the underside closest to the hole which the xclamp connects to the nut. I think I have completely ruined this board, I will get some photos up because that would help a great deal.

I have taken a photo of the lifted pad. Could this cause the xbox to be dead? It only beeps when powering on, Nothing else happens. Thanks for your help thus far

redir

Doesnt seem to show the photo on my side.
I have taken a photo of the lifted pad. Could this cause the xbox to be dead? It only beeps when powering on, Nothing else happens. Thanks for your help thus far

redir

Ok that is the POST_OUT1, fix can be found here if you feel up to it h**p://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76145 You may have not flashed the nand back correctly , as long as you have the original dump you should be ok.
if not then have a look here. The photo is in HD http://sdrv.ms/UHjXIW

Last edited:
LOL if I am up for it, makes it seem like a bit of a lengthy task! Will most definitely give it a try and then report back. Yes, had been able to read the nand previously but then tried to repair that pad and think I might have damaged it more because after my attempt, nand-x could not find the nand. Thanks again Oggy, Will let you know how it goes!

Wasn`t trying to be funny but if you have lifted a pad and then need to ask for a fix , well i`ll leave it at that.Anyway here`s the fix and you would be best off using 30AWG kynar
SlimFix1.JPG

LOL if I am up for it, makes it seem like a bit of a lengthy task! Will most definitely give it a try and then report back. Yes, had been able to read the nand previously but then tried to repair that pad and think I might have damaged it more because after my attempt, nand-x could not find the nand. Thanks again Oggy, Will let you know how it goes!

Last edited:
Absolutely, Sorry if it might have sounded sarcastic in any way. I have opened the link and the fix is intended for the coolrunner if I am not mistaken. You have at least lead me in the right direction and now I will be searching the post out fix instead of the stby_clk. Upon trying to flash back the original nand all seemed to be going well. Might just be as you have said, that for some reason the nand did not flash back correctly even though all seemed well. Could this also be the reason that I am not able to read the nand?

I think you would still need to repair the point whether it`s got a CR installed or not , oggy will be able to verify this though.Can you get a close up photo of all the points that have been soldered to.

What error message was you getting in jrunner when trying to read the nand?

I received the error

Version: 03

Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue

I have then checked the nand-x on an old xenon and it works fine. It was after flashing the original nand back. I tried to RGH on another xenon I had laying around but gave me the exact same problem as the Slim trinity. After writing the ecc to the nand and connecting the coolrunner, the xenon was a brick and gives the same error
Can not Continue

Anyways, the Xenon is no worry, It is the slim I want to fix. When I RGH'ed it about 9 months back my solder skills were up to shit, I now have mastered it, so to speak.
I am uploading pics now and will post the links

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=8F3BB93846A88882&resid=8F3BB93846A88882%2111658&authkey=AMSFC6ULFqlkUjs" width="319" height="212" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

That error is 99% down to bad soldering , can you solder it back in then take a close up photo? You do have the PSU plugged in when trying to read the nand?
I received the error

Can not Continue

I have then checked the nand-x on an old xenon and it works fine. It was after flashing the original nand back. I tried to RGH on another xenon I had laying around but gave me the exact same problem as the Slim trinity. After writing the ecc to the nand and connecting the coolrunner, the xenon was a brick and gives the same error
Can not Continue

Anyways, the Xenon is no worry, It is the slim I want to fix. When I RGH'ed it about 9 months back my solder skills were up to shit, I now have mastered it, so to speak.
I am uploading pics now and will post the links

postout wont stop nand reading, in fact, you can lift post out and it wont change the consoles ability to boot stock.

I have now resoldered nand-x to the bottom side of the board. It is a lot easier this way.
DSC_0289%5B1%5D.JPG
DSC_0293%5B1%5D.JPG

Cheers for clearing that up oggy , that`s why i asked for pics of the board as there might be more damage.
postout wont stop nand reading, in fact, you can lift post out and it wont change the consoles ability to boot stock.

Back