Xbox 360 Slim dead after lifting solder pad stby_clk

Lol it`s the same.Really need some good pics of the board to help you any further.
I have now resoldered nand-x to the bottom side of the board. It is a lot easier this way.
DSC_0289%5B1%5D.JPG
DSC_0293%5B1%5D.JPG

Alright I'm on it.. I will take photos of the mobo from all possible sides and angles. It looks to me like 6 or 7 fuses might be blown but how on earth is that possible? I will upload pics in a few..

DSC_0298%5B1%5D.JPG
DSC_0321%5B1%5D.JPG

If you have a look at the second image center page next to the hana chip you will see what fuses/resistors I speak of. Not too sure. Maybe replcing them will do the trick?

To be honest I think this board is wrecked. It worked with the coolrunner without any issue, Only after removing the coolrunner and flashing back the original nand did the problem occur.. Would you suggest I send it in to a pro to have it fixed or do you all think that it is possible for me to fix it myself. Like I have said my solder skills has improved, We all start somewhere and unfortunately this baby had to feel the wrath of a noob!!

Get some pics up , should not be wrecked by just removing the CR , unless you removed it with a blowtorch :). What you should have done ( a bit late now though) is flashed your nand back to stock , flicked the CR switch to program mode then booted the box , if all was well it would have booted to stock nand.

Last edited:
Yeah sure, Dave how would you like the photos and where should I take photos of. Is there any specific place you want to see on the mobo?

Is it because I'm new that I cant see the images or have they been removed? It should still work fine with the stock nand after removing the CR, but have you tried re-creating a retail nand with your CPU key and flashing that (I assume you did get the CPU key as you managed to boot with the CR)

Of all the soldered points and anywhere you think there maybe damage.
Yeah sure, Dave how would you like the photos and where should I take photos of. Is there any specific place you want to see on the mobo?

Is it because I'm new that I cant see the images or have they been removed? It should still work fine with the stock nand after removing the CR, but have you tried re-creating a retail nand with your CPU key and flashing that (I assume you did get the CPU key as you managed to boot with the CR)

I think the images have been uploaded correctly. I've used links from SkyDrive. Dave do you see any of my uploaded images? I do have the CPU key and DVD keys yes but I am unable to do anything until the nand can be identified by nand-x.

Yeah the images just loaded, i think it was maybe due to restrictions as I was a new member. The nand should have still been recognised with any damage to the original point, but I do agree with others the board looks quite bad in places. Will have a proper look over them shortly

No I do not, I will purchase one but fly up to Stockholm tomorrow and return friday so soonest will be saterday morning that I am able to test the points with a multimeter.. Thanks for all the replies, appreciate the help, hopefully I can get to the bottom of this

Wow thought i messed the bored up pretty darn good.. Anyhow that means there is hope for this mobo! The problem was after I flashed the original nand back.. I have looked up and many speak about shorting the nand but I don't want to ''F'' the board up more than what it is already. Are there any other ways of maybe soldering from a trace at the POST out to another point on the board in order to fix that problem? Then I could take it from there if there is still no boot up

Oggy said there was no need to fix that point as the box should boot up on stock nand. So the problem lies elsewhere but hard to tell without having the board in front of me.
Wow thought i messed the bored up pretty darn good.. Anyhow that means there is hope for this mobo! The problem was after I flashed the original nand back.. I have looked up and many speak about shorting the nand but I don't want to ''F'' the board up more than what it is already. Are there any other ways of maybe soldering from a trace at the POST out to another point on the board in order to fix that problem? Then I could take it from there if there is still no boot up

Alright, and true yes! Would be a whole lot easier if you had the board in front of you. I could try troubleshooting the issue one by one. What is the first thing you would look for in a case like this. Dead 360 Trinity mobo, Power and Eject buttons beep when pressed. Some of the nand-x solder points seem worn away and the original nand might not have been flashed back correctly. How would I get the nand to be recognized. I have an xbox xenon with the same issue! Very strange, The third box I was able to flash the original nand back without issue, Box had RROD, removed x-clamps, cleaned up, applied new thermal paste, flashed original nand back and BAM, working like new! It is the Trinity and a different Xenon with this issue, Completely unreadable via J-Runner

Like jayb1239 said get hold of a multimeter , check the resistors around the hana chip , most of them should read 34ohms
Do you still have the nand points wired up? if so have you tried resetting the nandx with the reset button?

Alright then, Will get my hands on a multimeter soon and see what the resistors read. Thanks for the help all!

Back