Linux xbmc on rasp pi

anyone know where i can get the bbc, itv, 5od players from cant seem to find them, got 4od just cant see others!

You will find these add ons in Fusion under International section then British or UK.

hi while setting my raspi xbmc up for streaming i set a source even though the error, "path not found" came up it was for my duo I have since got it right using the samba option I need to delete the wrong source but can't find the way of doing this

If you using Confluence skin, got to system, file setting then move to the source you want removing & if you using the official remote on IOS, keep your finger on the icon just above the camera symbol, the bottom right hand corner & then a menu comes up saying edit & delete source.

Thanks it was video files title to get the drop down menu much appreciated info

Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk

Its an great little device for movies and tv shows. The menu loading can be a bit sluggish compared to a dedicated pc. Streaming from android phone using airplay enabled in xbmc using imediashare from the google app store works well.

has anyone got ondemand iplayer itv 4od 5 to work on a raspi xbmc I have them installed but when i select the program to watch I get the spinning working symbol and then it stops and sometimes the whole thing crashes I have also installed rtmpdump and pointed the app demand5 at it

I got the same problem, can't seem to find a solution

has anyone got ondemand iplayer itv 4od 5 to work on a raspi xbmc I have them installed but when i select the program to watch I get the spinning working symbol and then it stops and sometimes the whole thing crashes I have also installed rtmpdump and pointed the app demand5 at it

i installed iplayer through repositery and its working fine.i installed 4od throuhg add ons but thats not working.guessing you need to find a working repo.

how did you install that file to a raspberry pi pap2 I found the way "install from zip"
I have got iplayer, itv player working but no luck with demand 5 it keeps crashing

Last edited:
I'm using openelec and demand 5 works good ,maybe you should update it or uninstall and install it again,
As for installing the zip file , you just need to get it on your Pi then "install from zip"
I usually just browse to the download folder and put it in that,
easiest way I find is just to go to Run and type \\192.168.0.?? the address of your Pi

Just noticed it looks like you got it installed ok

Just noticed it looks like you got it installed ok

yes i got it installed but no luck getting 4od or demand 5 working I have my xbmc installed in raspi integrated with sickbeard and sabnzbd running as nas drive
I have set a recording on my duo now for ben fogle new lives in the wild which is what i was trying to get demand 5 working for

Why not give openelec a go, I've got it installed on a 64GB usb3
stick which has all my music on it and I stream it to my other Pi,
joggler and dm800se, I dont see any need to stream video now but suppose you could install it on a portable hard drive, I know theres a sabnzbd plugin in the videos repo you can use ,
I also use nightly updates ,think their still coming from chris swan but the address has changed to,
Pi Chimney Resources

Why not give openelec a go, I've got it installed on a 64GB usb3
stick which has all my music on it and I stream it to my other Pi,
joggler and dm800se, I dont see any need to stream video now but suppose you could install it on a portable hard drive, I know theres a sabnzbd plugin in the videos repo you can use ,
I also use nightly updates ,think their still coming from chris swan but the address has changed to,
Pi Chimney Resources

is updating ok when running on usb ? heard there was issues TBH i prefer openelec but couldnt get it booting from USB and when I ran from SD i couldnt get the CEC running on my TV

Never had a problem updating but I use the openelec dev update tool found in the programs menu,
just edit the settings , choose custom other and enter the url of the site posted above

been thinking about buying a pi and selling my revo r3610.

does the pi handle bitstream audio via hdmi?

Not quite sure what that means lol, but you do get audio via hdmi

Don't do it. Pi is as slow as a week in jail! Revo's are like lightning compared to it.

Don't do it. Pi is as slow as a week in jail! Revo's are like lightning compared to it.
yes but a revo isn't 4 x faster when playing video through xbmc

I was just looking at a temporary solution, as my revo is getting a bit noisier than I would like, and it runs pretty hot compared to how it was when I first got it

im building a mini-itx i3 machine soon, but prices of computer parts are quite high just now. so im waiting until they drop again.

so was thinking about the pi, as a temp xbmc machine

Back