Linux xbmc on rasp pi

what revision of HDMI cable are you using ?? with your samsung

no idea it is the same one i used upto last month with the phillips set the 6 series just does not have anynet

well my sd card worked fine and openelec xbmc is on and running fine, my lenovo remote works ok with it, some buttons and the trackpad dont work but its liveable for now.

now guys where do i get the repositories for things like icefilms and navi x, all the iplayers and the sports channels from, any idea!

well my sd card worked fine and openelec xbmc is on and running fine, my lenovo remote works ok with it, some buttons and the trackpad dont work but its liveable for now.

now guys where do i get the repositories for things like icefilms and navi x, all the iplayers and the sports channels from, any idea!

Install them all from Fusion Installer
How to install XBMC Addons from fusion.xbmchub.com - YouTube
That vids shows installing it on eden on a windows pc , but its the exact same

I can confirm icefilm works on the Pi but it can be a little slow loading.

yeah its not the fastest anyway is it, i have a acer revo rl80 in my bedroom with xbmc on and its not too fast too load on there either, this pi is just going behind my telly in the living room for now to stream films and music from my nas, and obviously will stream the odd movie from ice films or navi x if theres anything decent to be found.

can i just ask what device do you use to control the pi in xbmc as im not sure what to buy to use with it.

Big Hol whats your over all opinion of the raspberry pi for xbmc?

yeah its not the fastest anyway is it, i have a acer revo rl80 in my bedroom with xbmc on and its not too fast too load on there either, this pi is just going behind my telly in the living room for now to stream films and music from my nas, and obviously will stream the odd movie from ice films or navi x if theres anything decent to be found.

can i just ask what device do you use to control the pi in xbmc as im not sure what to buy to use with it.

I'm using Yatse app on my mobile and tablet. Works fine.

Big Hol whats your over all opinion of the raspberry pi for xbmc?
ill get back to you on that 1 mate as iv only just got it today and only messed about for 20 mins, get the kids in bed and it will give me some peace to try and get it setup.

Theres 3 or 4 apps for controlling xbmc but I find yatse to be the best , I've got openelec on my RPi and find it quite fast its only slow when resolving links but I'm pretty sure its much the same whether your using windows or something else,
The best addons for it are 1channel , Mashup ,Vidics , Sports devil and xbmchub music,
I havent been near newsgroups for months now ,just stream everything using xbmc

well its sort of setup, hooked it upto my lg tv in living room and its mounted on the rear, tried my logitech remote and it works through the tv as someone said, will need to map a few buttons on it such as back and home but should be fine after that, was suprised it worked straight off the bat but it does. for some reason icefilm isnt connecting at all, just keep getting an error that it cant connect once i enter the page, streaming 3d content and blu rays fine from my nas drive though, music is playing fine, and overall its working sound so far.

have a tinker with navi x you might be surprised big hol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
how do i install navi x mate, iv got it on my revo just cant remember how i got it now.

EDIT: never mind mate i think iv done it... ;)

Last edited:
It's in fusion under programs
hmmm didnt know it was on there, thanks, i noticed i had a xbmc folder in my nas and i just grabbed it from there via install from zip, jobs a good un! just trying to my lenovo n5902 out on it now and it seems to work ok, comes in handy for quick key presses as it has a keyboard built in.

anyone know where i can get the bbc, itv, 5od players from cant seem to find them, got 4od just cant see others!

no idea it is the same one i used upto last month with the phillips set the 6 series just does not have anynet

I would try and get a 1.3 HDMI cable I had issues with my samsung 32" 5000 series tv until I changed the cable ..

hi while setting my raspi xbmc up for streaming i set a source even though the error, "path not found" came up it was for my duo I have since got it right using the samba option I need to delete the wrong source but can't find the way of doing this

Back