iPad XBMC on IPad (Brilliant)

*Matt*

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just installed xbmc on my iPad an it rocks (Latest HD movies/tv-shows)

1st. Install XBMC on iPhone/iPad - XBMC

Download the .zip file in this (make sure it stays as a .zip file.)
http://anarchintosh-projects.google...ry.googlecode.anarchintosh-projects.1.0.1.zip

Place the .zip in /private/var/mobile/media

Open up xbmc, go to System > Add-ons > Install from .zip file (if this is not an option press the 3 ... At the top to go back menus until it appears)

Locate the .zip file and install it. Restart XBMC go to videos > Video add-ons > get more and choose IceFilms and install it.

Last edited:
Just installed xbmc on my iPad an it rocks (Latest HD movies/tv-shows)

1st. Install XBMC on iPhone/iPad - XBMC

Download the .zip file in this (make sure it stays as a .zip file.)
http://anarchintosh-projects.google...ry.googlecode.anarchintosh-projects.1.0.1.zip

Place the .zip in /private/var/mobile/media

Open up xbmc, go to System > Add-ons > Install from .zip file (if this is not an option press the 3 ... At the top to go back menus until it appears)

Locate the .zip file and install it. Restart XBMC go to videos > Video add-ons > get more and choose IceFilms and install it.

nice find mate

will this work on ipad2, also im not upto speed with xbmc, heard loads talk about it on here but never bothered with it, does this get you free films and tv shows to stream to ipad, can you explain a little, coz if so im gunna give it a go!

id never used it till about 2hrs ago......yes it works on ipad2.

free movies(some in hd) tv shows, comedy, music vidoes.

it takes 10mins to get the hang of it but its good mate

just watched kevin bridges on it....funny as

Need any help pm me

id never used it till about 2hrs ago......yes it works on ipad2.

free movies(some in hd) tv shows, comedy, music vidoes.

it takes 10mins to get the hang of it but its good mate

just watched kevin bridges on it....funny as

Need any help pm me
thanks mate ill give this a go 2moro, just wondering which program you use to access the files on the ipad itself!

install openssh in cydia

then install winscp on your pc

Once you’ve installed the WinSCP, open it and enter the following details:

Hostname: Your iPad’s IP address. To find your iPad IP address got to: Setting > WiFi > *Your Network Name*
Username: root
Password: alpine
Protocol: SCP

right iv done all that mate, stuck at this bit now, cant find system, any help.

that bit is a pain in the arse.

its to the far right.......try click music then back then programs then back, should see system then mate

that bit is a pain in the arse.

its to the far right.......try click music then back then programs then back, should see system then mate
managed to get there, lol, all done, opened it up and it says to download 230mb file metasata or something, take it download that, its doing it now anyway, lol!

EDIT: its installed the metadata now its just hanging on a screen where its saying working in the bottom right hand corner, and nowts happening, any ideas, how long did it take for you mate!

Last edited:
yeh i did that......not got a clue what its for lol

Managed to get it up and running mate, spot on it is, quality of films is good too, plenty hd choice, will have a proper look around it 2moro but seems a crackin addition to any ipad if i do say so myself!

I used to use this on my iPhone and it was fiddily as hell... Glad the ipad2 is now jail broken!

Last edited:
be nice to see some other little add ons for this, anyone know of any others!

I was thinking the same, must be loads more stuff to add.

Il have a look around

Stuck on the bit where I have to locate the file to install--> install from zip file i'm in var/mobile media but cant see the .zip file to install?

any ideas..

-Badaman

sorted it - I didn't scroll down enough..............Doh ;-)

-Badaman

Got this installed ok on iPad, tv shows play fine but when I try to watch movies, it keeps saying there is a script error! Any help please?

Back