• Giving Birth

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Kick in the Nuts

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 52 65.8%

• Total voters
Tooth abcess was pretty bad
Broken wrist was so and so. Actually didn't go into A & E till the next day.
Twisted ankle, nothing
Did my back in, that was pretty bad, could move, couldn't sleep, even taking a piss was virtually impossible, couldn't do anything for almost a week, Thank god for diazepam.

Trapped sciatic nerve. Brought tears to my eyes I am not afraid to admit. I have also had broken bones,dislocated shoulder,toothache ect but none come close to the trapped sciatic nerve. Luckily a few visits to a private sports masseuse sorted things out for me.....Before Going to this guy I was literally unable to walk or even sit and had to lie at a certain angle to ease the pain. Best £75-£100 I have ever spent.

I concur with that, have had part of my disc removed cos of it

was at doctors few weeks ago with lump on my right te****e,
doctor had a quick feel around and decided it was an infected cyst.
was quite relieved as i had allsorts of idea's about what was wrong (you get the picture)
next things turned nasty
doc asks " does it hurt when you sqeeze it?"
buzzer answers (stupidly) "dunno , haven't squeezed!!!"
doc answers "does this hurt" as he sqeezes the life right of of my right u know what...
the pain was so intense , i wanted to shout "yes it fookin hurts..."
but was in so much shock nuthin came out.
doc gave it a tighter squeeze...
would have brought tears to a glass eye....

Picture the scene 1993 just getting ready for a CFT 8 mile run with bergens 30 40 lbs cant remember exactly, any how was ready to go bergen packed, in combats. I went next door to Thommos room before we started couple of minutes to spare, anyway in there chatting about x y z i saw some cotton wool buds on the side so i picked one up and proceeded to start cleaning my ears.

Next thing loads of shouting right everybody outside, outside, outside so i went out of his room into the corridor where my bergen was and picked it up by one of the straps with my right hand and threw it over my right shoulder, i still had the cotton wool bud in my ear and hit it down my ear with the top of my shoulder, i dropped to the floor like a sack of shit and started shaking like a jibbering wreck. All that was showing was the other end of the cotton wool bud my first reaction was to remove it which i did and blood started seeping from my ear. Straight down to the medical center for lots of pain killers. they said another mm i would of perforated my eardrum as it happened i only scratched it but fook me that was pain never felt any thing like it.

my got to be the Collapsed Lung i had (Pneumothorax) a few years ago. i had two tubes in my left side, one to keep it up and one to drain, the time came to take them out, two nurses one to pull them out and the other to pull the stitches together to close the holes.well one tube caame out fine :) the other - the stitches snaped, i went white nd pale as ***k i could here the air comming out slow or going in, they had to put her finger in the hole to stop the air getting out, they stitch me up with out any pain releaf :( it was not nice, got two nice scars about 3cm round.
well that my bit :)

since im not a women a kick in the nits for me

its gotta be toothache aint it, altho i dislocate my shoulder and that is just as bad if not worse but dont last as long.

Cluster Headache, or as people with them call them Suicide Headaches, because that is the only way to get rid of them. Even women say it's a pain worse than child birth.

I have suffered these since I was 25, 21 years ago.

Cluster headache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are seriously bad mate and I can't see people understanding how bad they actually are. You have my sympathy!!
Imagine a migraine as a little firecracker compared to a nuclear bomb in your head that is a cluster headache.

I had my nose smashed years ago. Had an op on it to repair it all and never known pain like it when I came round. Black eyes and felt like my head was gonna explode.

When they take out the cotton wool thats been rammed up your nose after the op is gruesome as well. Doesn't wanna come out because its full of dried blood and its like its welded in place.

The pain of rejection lol.
For me it was like mentioned a trapped sciatic nerve, i couldn't straighten one leg had traction 3 times a week, never felt pain like it.
i was told it was a slipped disc and to lie flat on my back for 4 weeks but it got worse only to be told later that being on my back was the worse thing for it and i was supposed to lie face down then for 8 fooking weeks. Doc's are shite sometimes.

not so long ago fell thro a friends roof landing on a load of engine blocks smashing 5 ribs a slipping disk ,got to say i never felt pain like that, and ive done the rounds and i think things hurt more when youre older lol

I don't know about physical, but the worst mental will be caused by a girl breaking your heart.

I don't know about physical, but the worst mental will be caused by a girl breaking your heart.

I don't really agree with that dar, i have friends that have lost children and i think that's a far far worse mental anguish :(

kidney stones trust me never experianced anything like it from walking down the stairs from top the bottom thats how quick the pain came on and it was like somebody had shot me .At the time the 4 paramedics that turned up didnt know what was causing the pain ,passed out twice with the pain which i had never experianced before. By the time they got me to hospital i had throwed up numerous times ,then i was in that much pain they gave me pain killers in every oraphis but u couldn't give a damb u just want to be knocked out ,(which they said they coudn't do)because trust me i asked !

in my experiance its the worst and the doctors confirmed it ,they have a pain rating where a birth they reckon is a 6-7 ,and from women who have done both child birth and had kidney stones said the pain of a kidney stone is a pure 10

trust me i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy

I don't really agree with that dar, i have friends that have lost children and i think that's a far far worse mental anguish :(

I agree with you there Eva. ( i have no children myself but can imagine how bad it must be)

A broken heart is bad though. ( i know a few mates who have killed themselves over it )

having my shoulder replaced last year, that bloody hirt

getting whacked by a double decker bus and snapping my collar bone in half.

on the other hand I was lucky another step I would have felt sod all would have been pan bread.

0015-1.gif

Or SUNCT I believe. Are you being treated by Goadsby?

Deffinatly NOT the same, and I get treated by a doctor. SUNCT Syndrom normally appears in men aged 50 or over, I'm only 46, and I've had the headaches since being 25. But they were blamed on high blood pressure at the time, although the quack couldn't explain why I still got the headaches when my blood pressure was normal, or why they only affected one side on my head and had other symtoms. :)

Cluster Headaches - Overview

Cluster headaches (CH) are part of a group of 'primary' headaches named Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalgias (TACs). There are two other types of TAC, namely Paroxysmal Hermicrania (PH) and SUNCT Syndrome. Primary headaches are defined as those where the headache is the condition itself, as opposed to 'secondary' headaches, which are caused by external factors, such as accidents or infection.

All three types of TAC can be identified by the fact that severe pain focuses on one side of the head (often including the face and eye), together with other symptoms occurring on the same side as the pain. These are called 'cranial autonomic' symptoms or features.

These are called 'autonomic' because they are involuntary or automatic responses not caused by any conscious effort or external forces. These include reddening and tearing of the eye, a runny or blocked nostril, droopy eyelid, constriction of the pupil, flushing and facial sweating. If none of these autonomic features occur at the same time as the headache, then they are more likely to be other types of 'short-lasting headaches' of which there are five main types (see separate links).

All three TACS are defined as short lasting. However, defining 'short lasting' headaches is difficult but as a guideline, the period of pain for most TACs is less than four hours compared with migraine headaches, which tend to last for more than four hours.

The key feature of TACs is the severity of pain involved, and unlike other severe headaches, there is often a sense of restlessness or agitation during the period of pain, whereby the sufferer finds it almost impossible to keep still.

It is extremely important to differentiate between the three TACs because the treatment of each type is very different. All three are relatively rare, when compared to migraine for example, which is one of the reasons why GPs fail to diagnose these syndromes. The importance of recognising and differentiating these conditions is emphasised by their often excellent response to different types of treatment.

Ouch(UK) - The Organisation for the Understanding of Cluster Headache

Last edited:
Back