• Giving Birth

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Kick in the Nuts

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 52 65.8%

• Total voters
Being stung by a Stonefish.
Its venom causes such a severe pain that the victims of its sting want the affected limb to be amputated. It is described as the worst pain known to man. It is accompanied with possible shock, paralysis, and tissue death. If not given medical attention within a couple of hours It can be fatal to humans

Having a ingrowing toenail removed slowly while being held down. Dr basically knocked 2 toothpick things between the toenail & toe ,then used forceps to peel the nail off slowly. That was pretty bad.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Had a gallstone trapped in the bile duct at the end of last year was utter agony. Then got my gallbladder removed in February and nearly said goodbye to the world as the "surgeon" sliced through my liver and burst the bile duct during keyhole surgery. He had to open me up from chest to navel to finish the op, then I ended up with a Pulmanory Embolism in my right lung which was feckn agony too. Still suffering with the after affects of it just now. I've heard now that the trapped gallstone is way more painful than giving birth, it bloody felt like it even though I can't give birth lol

love these thread ressurection , i actually hum the resurrection shuffle while i read them hhahahaha

Reaching down and finding my kneecap pointing out from the back of my knee. So painful could hardly breathe.... either that or The Only Way Is Essex!

Having a knee replacement is agony my leg is still black and blue after 3 weeks and then the physiotherapist want you to do balancing on your leg and try riding a bike omg. :(

Trapped sciatic nerve. Brought tears to my eyes I am not afraid to admit. I have also had broken bones,dislocated shoulder,toothache ect but none come close to the trapped sciatic nerve. Luckily a few visits to a private sports masseuse sorted things out for me.....Before Going to this guy I was literally unable to walk or even sit and had to lie at a certain angle to ease the pain. Best £75-£100 I have ever spent.

Im with you on this 6 mnth I was out of action for, with this 3 mnth couldnt move with out pain. felt like the end of the world when i couldnt go upstairs to dump my gump let alone wipe me own a"$e. had toothache with an absess but that didnt compare. By the way if anyone has to come across the option of having the op on theyre spine or not... go for the op, ive never felt so good (touch wood),

Having a knee replacement is agony my leg is still black and blue after 3 weeks and then the physiotherapist want you to do balancing on your leg and try riding a bike omg. :(

Yip I've been through this too last November and now waiting to get my right knee replaced after New Year.

Yip I've been through this too last November and now waiting to get my right knee replaced after New Year.

I am having my left one done in February mate. This right one swells up like a balloon the minute you stand on it for more than five minutes. So there is still quite a bit of work needed before it settles down. How long was it before your knee settled down greenthunder? or has it not yet :(

I am having my left one done in February mate. This right one swells up like a balloon the minute you stand on it for more than five minutes. So there is still quite a bit of work needed before it settles down. How long was it before your knee settled down greenthunder? or has it not yet :(

Hi mate, I'm only starting to feel it easing off after a year tbh buddy. The best bit is the pain is totally gone within the knee which is great. The right one is like yours too any longer than 5-10mins and it's agony.

Hi mate, I'm only starting to feel it easing off after a year tbh buddy. The best bit is the pain is totally gone within the knee which is great. The right one is like yours too any longer than 5-10mins and it's agony.
It just feels like its clamped top and bottom in a very tight vice grip. Like you said though there is no more crunching or pain from the knee anymore. When can you drive again mate I am dying to get back in my car but its to painful. :(

It just feels like its clamped top and bottom in a very tight vice grip. Like you said though there is no more crunching or pain from the knee anymore. When can you drive again mate I am dying to get back in my car but its to painful. :(

Been driving for a few months now, about 3 iirc. Yes the vice like grip is horrendous but it does ease off a bit. The thing I don't like is the numbness on the outside of my left leg as this is caused by them cutting through the nerve as it runs from the inside of the leg over the knee across to the other side. It'll never be the same because of this. Also just at the front of the leg bone below the knee cap it sore too. We forget we've had major surgery and things have been cut,pulled,hacked and drilled and this is why it's sore. Tbh I thought I was never ever going to be able to lift my leg up again as it felt like a dead weight.

i would have to go with sciatica now, i havn't had it myself but the misses had it and I never slept for days listening to her crying in pain and begging me for pain killers, and even asking me if i think the doctors could chop her leg off.
but the poor wee soul couldn't get it into her head that it wasn't her leg that was sore.

i slept for about 2 hrs a night, and there was fk all wrong with me

got home one night and found her just lying next to the toilet pan because she gave up and couldn't get back to bed (about 3m away)

this must be the worst pain as it was constant agony for MONTHS!

Been driving for a few months now, about 3 iirc. Yes the vice like grip is horrendous but it does ease off a bit. The thing I don't like is the numbness on the outside of my left leg as this is caused by them cutting through the nerve as it runs from the inside of the leg over the knee across to the other side. It'll never be the same because of this. Also just at the front of the leg bone below the knee cap it sore too. We forget we've had major surgery and things have been cut,pulled,hacked and drilled and this is why it's sore. Tbh I thought I was never ever going to be able to lift my leg up again as it felt like a dead weight.
Your description is spot on mate. Has it put you off having the other knee done now?. To be honest they should give you a take home sheet to tell you what's normal and what is not. Have you been struggling with them surgical stockings haha 3 months these are on for now. :(

Back