WoOT just got a HD humax :)

mas05

Reaction score
woohoo just got my self a HD humax box,

and fist i was suprized how small it was, anyway i have done the inital install and have a load of tv and radio as well

wow bbc hd is really cool great pic
but i dont seem to find itv hd but i guest thats cos theres nothing on yet and its not showing the red button....

ok i would like to ask about manual instal please and is there any thing i need to change it some one could run though it for me and any thing ells i need to do that would be cool

thanks mas :)

:) you got the right box

you wont see anything different on ITVHD until they broadcast something then you will be promted to press the Red button

to manual instal,you mean non freesat channels ? if so
menu
croll down to setup
then maual scan

I tend to leave settings as they are,as you get loads of encypted channels if you scan for all

:) you got the right box

you wont see anything different on ITVHD until they broadcast something then you will be promted to press the Red button

to manual instal,you mean non freesat channels ? if so
menu
croll down to setup
then maual scan

I tend to leave settings as they are,as you get loads of encypted channels if you scan for all

thanks the manual tune was set to all so i have change it to tv for now
lets see wot i get...:)

is sky sports still coming though...?

nah m8 they all finished
I think there is a racing channel that is or was in the clear the other day

thinking about it I just leave the manual scan as it is when you enter
I cant look at the mo as wife is watching it lol

just mess with it m8 you can always do a factory reset and start again :)

as for ITVHD it don't work in Ireland and Scotland so if your from either of those places
you need a London postcode to get it

nah m8 they all finished
I think there is a racing channel that is or was in the clear the other day

thinking about it I just leave the manual scan as it is when you enter
I cant look at the mo as wife is watching it lol

just mess with it m8 you can always do a factory reset and start again :)

as for ITVHD it don't work in Ireland and Scotland so if your from either of those places
you need a London postcode to get it

i am in leeds so do i need to change the post code then as put my own in.....?
one thing though now i did a manual scan the chanals are all over the place lol

mas check ITV tonight m8 9pm The Children in HD :)

thanks again just watched it..........

my tv goes to 1080i i dont think this is full HD is it....?

1080p is what is known as full hd - however dont panic as all HD broadcasts inc freesat do 720p - 1080i due to bandwith constraints this will be the case for the forseable future so your telly is perfectly matched to freesat. I stick to 720p as you are effectivly getting 1440 lines at any one time campared to 1080 interlaced

1080p is what is known as full hd - however dont panic as all HD broadcasts inc freesat do 720p - 1080i due to bandwith constraints this will be the case for the forseable future so your telly is perfectly matched to freesat. I stick to 720p as you are effectivly getting 1440 lines at any one time campared to 1080 interlaced

Hi 720p (progresive) is 720 lines eg line 1,2,3,4,5... to line 720
1080i (interlaced) is 1080 lines 1,3,5,7... followed by 2,4,6,8... to line 1080

so technically 1080i can produce a better picture than 720p

yes but with interlaced signals as in 1080i you can get jagged edges on fast moving pictures....due to 2 fields needed to make the complete picture , where as progressive signals as in 720p uses 1 field per pic.... so on a 50hz pic with 1080i you will get 25 full pictures per second compared to 720p which will show 50 pics per second....

Back