Windows 8

i was using the preview mode then just went to the link and paid for the full version. that downloaded and i got email with key and just started setup,input key/location etc and left it. was done in about 1 hour and seems to be working fine upto now. kept all my old files etc and all my settings, happy with it sofar. just need a few tips to get the best out of it.

I burnt the iso but the t&c's says to install it the partition must have a previous copy of Windows installed, ie upgrade, which is what we have paid for.

Does anyone know if it will install without a previous installation?

I went to advanced, then selected the partition/drive unwanted. Deleted, then installed.

Sent from the "Curious Rover"

could you use same key for an install on lappy?

This is handy too... the shut down process is a few clicks and tbf a pain compared to other windows shutdown BUT there is a little cheat that will add a "shutdown" icon/metro-app to your desktop then its a one click shutdown job.

follow the link and follow the instructions and then you will have this.

How to Shut Down Windows 8 In Just One Click

I've followed the instructions and it doesn't work, It keeps taking me to my desktop. does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

I burnt the iso but the t&c's says to install it the partition must have a previous copy of Windows installed, ie upgrade, which is what we have paid for.

Does anyone know if it will install without a previous installation?

yep, I burnt the iso to disc and did a fresh install mate without any probs ;)

so you don't need a previous version installed to do this :)

im just wondering if I can buy another version to keep as a spare or to sell on ebay ;)

could you use same key for an install on lappy?

you cant use the same key twice mate..... but you should be able to get another copy for your lappy at the nice price of £14.99 tho:)

I just downloaded an untouched version from usenet and used a activator :)

Try before I buy ;)

I just downloaded an untouched version from usenet and used a activator :)

Try before I buy ;)

shame on you ... you cant even part with £14.99 :Laugh:

I ran the update manager and it wants me to have the windows 8 pro and the key is for that I feel I only need the windows 8 as the pro version is £24.99

edogg

It does work, you must be doing something wrong...I have a tab on my metro dash for shutdown and i did it following those instructions..

I'll take another look later, still trying to get use to the look and feel for now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

you need to get onto to them mate......

start a thread in the virmin support forum and someone will check you connection mate ..

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Have done mate, engineer visited & told it's a problem in the area & will have to wait until december 5th before an engineer team is sent out to investigate.
Getting a £25 a month discount until it's fixed but it's only good for surfing at the moment. (no downloading, no gaming, no youtube)

Anyway back to windows 8, how you liking it?

This is handy too... the shut down process is a few clicks and tbf a pain compared to other windows shutdown BUT there is a little cheat that will add a "shutdown" icon/metro-app to your desktop then its a one click shutdown job.

follow the link and follow the instructions and then you will have this.

How to Shut Down Windows 8 In Just One Click

You've come up trumps again Thommo. The Mrs (unbelievably!) likes the Windows 8 setup, put was slightly p1$$ed off with how to shut the PC down. And it's now staring her in the face! Happy days :)

I'll take another look later, still trying to get use to the look and feel for now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

still no joy, I think I'll get use to using for a few days then back up all my vids, music etc. then do a fresh install

Back