Windows 8

Thanks for the info Thommo of where to get the update for reduced price......

I wonder if I will still be saying that when I have installed it ;)

just buying it now, followed the £15 link but its still wantin £25?

Write down the promo code you got and before you buy, put the promo code in mate ;)

Can you revert back to 7 easily though? One of my mates just text me saying he's tried it and really likes it. Very tempted now lol

Sent from my telephone.

Can you revert back to 7 easily though? One of my mates just text me saying he's tried it and really likes it. Very tempted now lol

Sent from my telephone.

to go back to win 7 you will have to do a fresh install mate....

If it can be downloaded as an iso then you can always dual boot :)

Or install a base window7 dual boot,with your original one, and upgrade it to windows 8,leaving your original windows 7 install there ;)

well i did the 14.99 update and ive got to say im liking it personally... you can still use the old type desktop aswell, i like the speed its deff an improvement from win7.

win 8 pro for 14.99 cant go wrong, plus ms at the minute are doing a free upgrade to get the media center which isnt included normally, ive registered for the free media center pack but ive not got my key yet.

https://windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-GB ....note: read the requirements and adjust what you put in the registration ;) (purchase date of your pc).

Add features - Microsoft Windows .......for the free registration of the media pack for the media center (ive registered but no email with key yet for me).

Thommo.... top man!! Worked a treat! Now to work out how to work the fecker!! lol. Was quicker to boot than Win 7 which is a good start, as Win 7 was quite quick :)

Rep added mate :)

Well dammit. Against my better judgment I went ahead and did the upgrade and everything worked fine :)

Then I got the god damn, lighter shade of blue - more pleasant looking BSOD. Windows restarted and tried to repair itself 4 times before it offered me advanced options to "refresh" Windows. My only option and it's taken 2 hours to get back to working. But, I've lost all my installed stuff which is very annoying. It gives me a list of what is not installed but it's a right pita to sort :(

grrrrrrrrrrr, Windows, I trusted you, you slapped me in the face.

grr

seems to be working ok for me. fast enough and smooth. not tried the media centre bit yet. happy enough

Need some quick info on how to stop it from asking for my email and login on startup as the mrs is happy with everything so far but the login!!!

Thanks in advance,

snapman

Need some quick info on how to stop it from asking for my email and login on startup as the mrs is happy with everything so far but the login!!!

Thanks in advance,

snapman

Just create a local account instead of a Microsoft one

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

yep i got it in email when i bought mine.

did anyone have to put there product key in? it seemed to auto embed it when upgrading,

That's because if you upgrade with the advisor it automatically inserts it, as it stores the key in the download folders.

If you do a clean install you have to type it in manually.

Sent from the "Curious Rover"

That's because if you upgrade with the advisor it automatically inserts it, as it stores the key in the download folders.

If you do a clean install you have to type it in manually.

Sent from the "Curious Rover"

oh i see cool

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I burnt the iso but the t&c's says to install it the partition must have a previous copy of Windows installed, ie upgrade, which is what we have paid for.

Does anyone know if it will install without a previous installation?

Back