Windows 8

There is going to be a lot of machines that are not compatible mine for one, can't see me dumping a perfectly good machine still running vista ok

I don't think requirement specs have changed since Vista/Win7, so if you're running one of them then you should be fine with 8.

just downloading now,£25 seems ok. been using the evaluation copy for a few months an i like it

why are people paying 25 when it can be had for 14,99 in the link i provided? just enter the date you "bought your pc" after the start date of the offer which i think is 2nd june and get it @ that price.

also the second link i provided use it and register for the free upgrade media pack as it doesnt come wit win8 and after the offer finishes it will be a paid for thing... free windows media player pack or pay later? your choice.

why are people paying 25 when it can be had for 14,99 in the link i provided? just enter the date you "bought your pc" after the start date of the offer which i think is 2nd june and get it @ that price.

also the second link i provided use it and register for the free upgrade media pack as it doesnt come wit win8 and after the offer finishes it will be a paid for thing... free windows media player pack or pay later? your choice.

Did you manage to get an email for the media pack? I tried 3-4 hours back but still not received mine so far.

didnt seem to work for me but ta anyway thommo

Did you manage to get an email for the media pack? I tried 3-4 hours back but still not received mine so far.

no ive not recieved key for media player, probably isnt an instant thing.

didnt seem to work for me but ta anyway thommo

did you adjust the date you bought your pc? everyone else seems to have got it ok if the details entered have been correct even if they're not correct lol ;)

EDIT: i tell a lie just as i posted this i got my key from ms for the free media pack...happy days.

Last edited:
This is handy too... the shut down process is a few clicks and tbf a pain compared to other windows shutdown BUT there is a little cheat that will add a "shutdown" icon/metro-app to your desktop then its a one click shutdown job.

follow the link and follow the instructions and then you will have this.

How to Shut Down Windows 8 In Just One Click

hiya, ive just filled details in for the 14.99 upgrade, ive recieved the emails and it says you need to order the upgrade on the pc you wish to apply the upgrade to ? MH said on his version the one for 25 it lets you download the iso to burn onto disc, is this the case for the 14.99 option ? i dont wana go threw the paymen process and not get the iso file , wunt of minded getting it tonight but installing it all etc tomorrow, thanks

hiya, ive just filled details in for the 14.99 upgrade, ive recieved the emails and it says you need to order the upgrade on the pc you wish to apply the upgrade to ? MH said on his version the one for 25 it lets you download the iso to burn onto disc, is this the case for the 14.99 option ? i dont wana go threw the paymen process and not get the iso file , wunt of minded getting it tonight but installing it all etc tomorrow, thanks

i did direct intall but there are 3 options

direct install

download files for later install

and one i forget what it said but i believe the download file one will be the one that can be burned or i presume so as it will be the same file/exe where ever you buy it digital wise.

hiya, ok thanks mate thats great, ive got my email so ive got my code, does it use your windows 7 product key then ? or do you get another product key ? thanks

hiya, ok thanks mate thats great, ive got my email so ive got my code, does it use your windows 7 product key then ? or do you get another product key ? thanks

you get emailed a key but direct install it must self check as i didnt need to input it anywhere, i presume if you download then when you run it prob will ask you for the emailed key.

doesnt use your win 7 key nor is it bothered if your running a hooky win 7 key lol.

all you need to do is register in that other link and you will be emailed another key to update to the media player version as win8 doesnt come with a media player and if you want it later they will charge for it so might aswell get it free now.

you get emailed a key but direct install it must self check as i didnt need to input it anywhere, i presume if you download then when you run it prob will ask you for the emailed key.

doesnt use your win 7 key nor is it bothered if your running a hooky win 7 key lol.

all you need to do is register in that other link and you will be emailed another key to update to the media player version as win8 doesnt come with a media player and if you want it later they will charge for it so might aswell get it free now.

hiya, ok mate thanks thats great, may aswell get it ordered for 14.99, cant go wrong really, thanks

Downloading now, can't go wrong for £15 plus my laptop is on the Acer eligible list

Tempted to go for this but I've got win 7 nicely setup, will everything still work? I'd wanna upgrade as I can't be arsed to format at the moment

Sent from my telephone.

just buying it now, followed the £15 link but its still wantin £25?

Back