Win Validation?

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps, how do I change the Windows validation code to accept Win updates?

I thought I had the corp version on my system!, but It will not let me update anything on the Microsoft site.

yashsmash said:
Guys can anyone help me with that dll file, i did key change b4 installing sp2, but now i cant install anything..have to go pass windows validation tool. just for educational purposes ofcourse :)
pm sent...

cheers thomas got the file

i swapped these, restart and had to install windows genuine but still cant get new updates

instead ive got system icon running on status bar of windows validation tool, saying i might be victim......

yashsmash said:
cheers thomas got the file

i swapped these, restart and had to install windows genuine but still cant get new updates

instead ive got system icon running on status bar of windows validation tool, saying i might be victim......

what veersion is it??
right click on it the latest is 1.5.512.0
if urs is older pm me ur addy i will send it to u
all u do is delete the one u have in windows/system32 and replace it with the new one

try mine
its on its way
it does work have just done a fresh install on a comp and it downloaded all the updates

that version i sent him works, i installed windows a few days ago and used it and it works (1.5.526.0), cant understand why he's having probs ???

thanks for ur help guys, well thomson wen i asked u how do i do it u didnt seem to remember it ? :) now u saying u just installed it few days ago, well thx anyways also david and Paul-k for sending those files,,,i dunno wat the problem is, tried everything..ive installed GW tool but it doesnt lets me go pass that, keep spn sying u need to validate ur windows

ive tried replacing, deleteing orginal and then installing GW tool, but still no luck

shall i try chaging my prodcut key again, i remember doing it last year and it worked fine

yashsmash said:
thanks for ur help guys, well thomson wen i asked u how do i do it u didnt seem to remember it ? :) now u saying u just installed it few days ago, well thx anyways also david and Paul-k for sending those files,,,i dunno wat the problem is, tried everything..ive installed GW tool but it doesnt lets me go pass that, keep spn sying u need to validate ur windows

ive tried replacing, deleteing orginal and then installing GW tool, but still no luck

shall i try chaging my prodcut key again, i remember doing it last year and it worked fine
try this delete the LegitCheckControl.dll
form windows/system32
close down the computer
restart it
then copy the new one i sent or any to windows/system32
then close down again
then fire up and then go to microsoft.com and try to update

see if that works
if not u may have to search registry to find the pop up

Davidh

I just did that step-by-step but whenever i replace the file...and goto windows update,,i have to download validation tool again..and then am back to square one

yashsmash said:
Davidh

I just did that step-by-step but whenever i replace the file...and goto windows update,,i have to download validation tool again..and then am back to square one
l know this dont help but had the same prob with windows media center , gave up in the end and went back to go old xp ..

yashsmash said:
Davidh

let it do its update
by rights if the dll is there it wont install it

yashsmash said:
Davidh

ive just jumped in on the end of this thread but what you have to do is go into windows system 32 find the legitcheck file hover over it and it tells you which version it is . then you have to replace it with the same version ( only cracked )
the most popular one is 1.5.526.0 then use a key changer to change the key r(not sure im allowed to post the name here ) reboot and its done ive got a few of the cracked legitcheck files so pm me if you need them
ps this works i did my sisters today

thanks guy for ur support (files provided by thompson)

davidh u put me on right track i was able to manage 7 custome downloads, so does that mean its working?
but cant seem to bypass validation as it wudnt let me install IE7 without validation

yashsmash said:
thanks guy for ur support (files provided by thompson)

davidh u put me on right track i was able to manage 7 custome downloads, so does that mean its working?
but cant seem to bypass validation as it wudnt let me install IE7 without validation
theres alot of problems with IE7 at the min , its very slow , theres a member on here thats has stopped using it more info here http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80187&page=3

yashsmash said:
Smirnoff did u had the same problem, did going back to sp1 helped?
l did a repairinstall and changed to serial to a new one and that sorted the validation part and use mozilla firefox instead of e6

repair install , its worth ago m8 , nothin to lose .u want lose any data m8...

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, please refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer.

Insert your Windows XP compact disc (CD) into your CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.

(You can also boot with a Windows 98/Me Startup disk with CD support and run WINNT.EXE in the I386 folder on the CD)

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. Do not select this option.

On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

some info here awell m8 http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/troub-05.html

Back