Win Validation?

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps, how do I change the Windows validation code to accept Win updates?

I thought I had the corp version on my system!, but It will not let me update anything on the Microsoft site.

I have done the file replacement and it has removed the validation banners etc i can also download sercurity updates aswell but they wont let me download explorer 7 beta as it checks the validation on install, does this mean i have not done it properly? and are you guys able to download this and the anti spyware program?

yashsmash said:
thanks guy for ur support (files provided by thompson)

davidh u put me on right track i was able to manage 7 custome downloads, so does that mean its working?
but cant seem to bypass validation as it wudnt let me install IE7 without validation
just install mozilla firefox mate and use that as your browser, it runs side by side with IE anyway, so you have best of both worlds by clicking either icon on your desktop, plus firefox is far better anyway :Cheers:

ok guys, looks like the latest fix isnt working now, whats the new fix ??? ive got the poxy blue star back etc :(

Ok guys, heres the thing. Rather than trying to find all these ways round wga and winupdate and all that, why not just install a copy with a working genuine CD key? if you buy a pc it has a sticker with the CD key which enables download of microsoft products. Microsoft determines whether a cd key valid or not by the hardware u are using. one cd key that works on one machine, the same cd key will not work on another machines (unless its a vlk). Each CD key you can use on one computer if its retail. Therefore we can forget about retail keys. What we need is VLK keys. Volume license keys. Meanin one key can be used on many machines. However, there is a lmit and once the key has reached the limit of computers its meant for you cant use it no more.
The thing to do is go to a network computer running windows xp, ie, ur university, college, workplace. (not win net) then do a brute force check for VLK's. PM me for the program that searches. However, u need to get at least 20 keys as a vlk might be in use already u try the next one. PM me if you have any trouble. Im using a real cd key on my laptop. I get all the updates and can download everything from microsoft site. I even have the wga thing installed and it says i have a genuine copy of windows. Its great! lol good luck guys!!

devil666x said:
Ok guys, heres the thing. Rather than trying to find all these ways round wga and winupdate and all that, why not just install a copy with a working genuine CD key? if you buy a pc it has a sticker with the CD key which enables download of microsoft products. Microsoft determines whether a cd key valid or not by the hardware u are using. one cd key that works on one machine, the same cd key will not work on another machines (unless its a vlk). Each CD key you can use on one computer if its retail. Therefore we can forget about retail keys. What we need is VLK keys. Volume license keys. Meanin one key can be used on many machines. However, there is a lmit and once the key has reached the limit of computers its meant for you cant use it no more.
The thing to do is go to a network computer running windows xp, ie, ur university, college, workplace. (not win net) then do a brute force check for VLK's. PM me for the program that searches. However, u need to get at least 20 keys as a vlk might be in use already u try the next one. PM me if you have any trouble. Im using a real cd key on my laptop. I get all the updates and can download everything from microsoft site. I even have the wga thing installed and it says i have a genuine copy of windows. Its great! lol good luck guys!!
my machine came with a genuine version of windows xp home and i have the key sticker on the base unit, but since it was new, infact since the day it got delivered i reinstalled windows xp pro and used a different key, does this mean i could use my genuine xp home key with my copy of xp pro ???

p.s
i dont have the original disk with xp home as the cheapskate company never gave me one.

yashsmash said:
thanks guy for ur support (files provided by thompson)

davidh u put me on right track i was able to manage 7 custome downloads, so does that mean its working?
but cant seem to bypass validation as it wudnt let me install IE7 without validation
yes i have a cracked legit file cant install ie7 without validation but there are a cracked versions of ie7 out there as im using it, but i have also download firefox and its so much better and also netscape aint bad either, check my post history on how to get ie7

Back