Win Validation?

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps, how do I change the Windows validation code to accept Win updates?

I thought I had the corp version on my system!, but It will not let me update anything on the Microsoft site.

what os and firewall are you using smirnoff_rules

this was posted on another site
Microsoft Update seems to work fine now when I use this link:
[DLMURL]http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...t.aspx?ln=en-us[/DLMURL]

But when I use http://update.microsoft.com, I get redirected to the Windows Update v6 site.

The cause of the problem may have been A2 Personal (a-squared), my antitrojan and intrusion detection software. When selecting Start -> Search -> Files and folders, the Windows Explorer window would open and then would close due to this error, which shows in the Event Viewer as an Application error. At other times, Explorer would unexpectedly shut down for no apparent reason.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module a2handler.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001b6c1.

To solve the problem, I added explorer.exe as an exclusion in A2 Personal. I did the same thing with iexplore.exe. That fixed my Explorer Search problem, and it may also have fixed the Microsoft Update problem.

Today when I visited Microsoft Update, I turned off my firewall and all taskbar programs. What I could not close manually, I closed with Task Manager and Process Explorer. Microsoft Update seems to be working now.

Last edited by a moderator:
smirnoff_rules said:
THANX BUT NO LUCK got into express thou and same mesage so added javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all') still stopped me , tried on two computers no joy?????

did u do as i said and copy it to the c:\windows\system32 folder????

if so what r u running
xp sp2 or is it still xpsp1
if xpsp1
u will need to change the key and also install sp2
for sp2 go here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en&displaylang=en

Xp Sp2

davidh said:
did u do as i said and copy it to the c:\windows\system32 folder????

if so what r u running
xp sp2 or is it still xpsp1
if xpsp1
u will need to change the key and also install sp2
for sp2 go here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en&displaylang=en
all updating till a few weeks ago then on the last update microsoft removed files to update.been searching to web, and its microsoft doing to rounds,
l did as e:mail but only got me too express or custom then dropped me again. running norton 2005 internet antivirus and updated to service pack 2,
dont need anymore updates at the min, but nice for it to be there, u no

Last edited:
smirnoff_rules said:
did as u said m8t still no luck see picture ..stopped after this last update?

did u change the key??
ok if u have the dll i send
make sure it goes in to the system32 folder
copy and paste
it will ask if u want to replace the one there tick yes
then go for an update from microsoft
it does work m8 i done a computer last night from scratch

downloaded 33 updates

davidh said:
did u change the key??
ok if u have the dll i send
make sure it goes in to the system32 folder
copy and paste
it will ask if u want to replace the one there tick yes
then go for an update from microsoft
it does work m8 i done a computer last night from scratch

downloaded 33 updates
did it word for word key change and file swap ??

smirnoff_rules said:
did it word for word key change and file swap ??
try this them search for the dll and delete it
then go to microsoft and try updates
then copy the dll back to system32 then try an update see if that sorts it

smirnoff_rules, you need to paste java script in the window BEFORE You press custom or express button. and it shoudl work. I'v just checked and it works on my laptop. so it should work with yours as well.

cheers

done

cheecs said:
smirnoff_rules, you need to paste java script in the window BEFORE You press custom or express button. and it shoudl work. I'v just checked and it works on my laptop. so it should work with yours as well.

cheers
have tried that m8t , l;m sure the last update l did , did something on 15 dec, stopped after that

cheers

davidh said:
try changing ur windows key
cheers for your help , hade to reinstall in the end , but installed new code thanks to your little programe, so updates working and back to normal
now,, thanks again:banana:

:Clap:

Gary Jackson said:
Chaps, how do I change the Windows validation code to accept Win updates?

I thought I had the corp version on my system!, but It will not let me update anything on the Microsoft site.

have you got the xp home windows -- if so me got the install code and I also
can get the updates ect , by ringing ms direct -- (it's ok did it 7 times so far & they all work -- same code !!) automated service --

1 st -- put in cd code then load cd --- it then gives you 30 days to register !
2 nd -- ring ms direct --- put in code that comes up on pc -- it then gives you
a list of 6 sets of numbers --- put them all in manual -- register --- off line

then it says ok !!

it then auto updates !!

pm me & I will give you code -- ps if not got disk -- pm me phone no & i will send you a copy !!

:Cheers:

davidh said:
yes m8 it was

for u to experiment as well lol

david, you still got that file, ive reinstalled windows xp pro (inc sp2) and now i dont get the updates, tried a couple of wee tricks that used to work but not now, have to do the copy/paste java crap etc etc which i never used to have to do, anyway, is that file you have still working ???

if so please drop me a pm for addy etc.

cheers mate :Cheers:

there is new .dll fix cant post it but there is a new one.

most people dont realise that a dodgy copy of xp sp1/2 will pick up security updates regardless with no issues through auto update.

Interesting

I havent done fresh XP installation for sometime now, dunno if has changed the way i use to activate XP

I simply use to use XP activation code, list of different serials, and choosing the right one that works.

So does that still works, just incase i need to do fresh xp installation

Thanks for your help guys, i have the latest fix now that works fine, if anyone wants to talk about it you can pm me :Cheers:

XP Activation

Try searching for a code on a computer that has GENUINE microsoft windows installed using brute force method. Windows sends out a burst of codes every few minutes, im GUESSING that on a genuine install of windows, it will send out genuine codes. I've tried this once and it worked but im not sure whether its a fluke or not as i cant try again cos i dont want to reformat my PC. Hope it helps.

Guys can anyone help me with that dll file, i did key change b4 installing sp2, but now i cant install anything..have to go pass windows validation tool. just for educational purposes ofcourse :)

Back