Will There Be a new Emu For Ireland?

joe6915

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
Like to Know will there be a new Emu for ireland?
The Box,The Box super and KRYPTVIEW already working.
As Dreambox is Linux Based a thought it would be the first to have update.

Hi
Like to Know will there be a new Emu for ireland?
The Box,The Box super and KRYPTVIEW already working.
As Dreambox is Linux Based a thought it would be the first to have update.

should not need a new emu,they have only changed the keyroll method.A new fix should be available soon.

And from what I've been reading, you're all using evocamd.

Has anyone tried any other EMU; mgcamd, gbox, newcamd...???

All available to download via the Addons menu if you're using DW v2.

Its bad that THE BOX and some other receivers are fixed and the dreambox is not.

Its bad that THE BOX and some other receivers are fixed and the dreambox is not.

mine is working perfectly,multiple fixes for the dreambox were posted last night.

@Devilfish,I tried mgcamd yesterday and it wouldnt not work,apllied the fix and stuck evocamd on,all worked perfectly.

I just tried mgcamd and it doesnt work and has taken evocamd with it,must have changed something.Il have to ftp again.

Last edited:
Yes but when key changes they will be gone again.
The other receivers will be fine.

And what are you and all the other posters that have come out of the woodwork going to do about it ?
Only constructive posts are needed at this time to find a solution.

Ok
Sorry just asking a question.
I will say no more if thats the kind of answers you get on here.

Think i will get old starview out even that can be updated with remote.

Ok

its nothing against you but people are getting pissed because all of last night.these new donated users with 1 post like yourself,felt they could give a quid in donation and then scab all the info they needed,they have contributed nothing.And people who regularily use this website and help people do not like to be abused by people who have no intention of staying around.

If you dont like the dreambox then stick to your starview.

(Note to moderators,members with over 100 posts should be able to donate anything,new members who want to donate just to be able to download,should have to make a minimum donation of 20 quid.This would stop what happened last night and this morning)

Last edited:
as you can see i am joined over 1 year before you.
who is the newbie now?
Ok lets finish this now.Sorry but i dont want to start fighting here .

as you can see i am joined over 1 year before you.
who is the newbie now?
Ok lets finish this now.Sorry but i dont want to start fighting here .

are you taking the p++s,you have 530 posts less than me.
You have 6 posts in total in 2 years and all of them have been asking questions or bitching.
Where were you while I was giving people advice.your a cheeky s++t,you should be banned.

1 of your posts was 2 years ago and 5 have been today

you are the newbie my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry can we end it now.
I could not help myself.

:Cheers:

And from what I've been reading, you're all using evocamd.

Has anyone tried any other EMU; mgcamd, gbox, newcamd...???

All available to download via the Addons menu if you're using DW v2.

Hi

I've tried gbox, without success. I got evo working by tuxbox commander, and it's fine.

As I'm a bit out of my depth, but not technically inept, can someone help me get started to help fix and contribute to the solution?

Is there any proper technical documentation on how these camd work, and what are the approaches/differences between them.

I have spotted that gbox doesn't use or maintain the Keylist.txt file.

What files does it use?

Is there a tut on the mechanics of key generation/rollover?

Is there a SIMPLE editor script for manually maintaining a keyfile? Should I try and write one?

Is there a manual on the remote keypad/a control that can easily be used to edit the key file?

Regards
Conor

Hi Conorc

I would like the same as you some simple tuts would be nice.

Have MGcamd working on 7025+ but Evocamd clears then changes key 00 numbers .
All 600pvr working fine with Evocamd got working by tuxbox commander with remote

Ok

You can update the keys with the DM500 remote

1: Press Yellow button
2 :Highlight TuxBox/Tuxbox Commander press OK
3 :Scroll down to var and select
4 :Scroll down select keys
5 :Scroll down to Keylist.txt and press 4
this should now show /var/keys/keylist.txt
Highlight the line to be edited and press ok line should now be bigger than the others
use the direction arrows on the remote and move along the line and find the wrong digit on the 00 line
7: Edit Keys

Please keep the personal attachs out of the forum!

People will come and take when they want something and never give anything back in return, that's the nature of the scene for some people, always has been, always will be, nothing we can do to change them!

Now, has anyone tried any other version of evocamd? There are quite a few revisions and one might just auto update, you never know.

There's a full list of them here...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/111979/

Make sure you empty the keylist.txt file before you activate the new emu. Flick to one premium channel and then back to another, I usually use sky sports 2 then sky sports 1. Leave it for up to 5 minutes, try flicking again if you feel you need to do something. Then reboot the box and see if it auto updates then. If not, try a different version.

It's a long winded exercise but someone has to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the starviews are still working then what emu are they using ?

The latest is mgcamd1.29. I'm gonna test it later to see if it can updated a wrong code

Back