Will There Be a new Emu For Ireland?

I would love to try this but wife demanding no tech stuff right now. if she cools off I will do some homework.

should not need a new emu,they have only changed the keyroll method.A new fix should be available soon.

Unfortunately, if the softcam is broken then its broken. You would require a new compilation of the softcam which includes the fix. These softcam's tend not to be public source which is why there is no fix for the dbox and dreambox yet.

Nagra1 support in most softcams is basically now dead. There are very few places left that still use Nagra1 as an encryption system so most of the authors of the softcams have little or no interest in fixing UK/ireland only problems (especially when Ireland is moving to N2 anyway).

With the sourcecode, the fix is actually realtively simple. Probably no more than 1 or 2 lines of 'C' code required to better emulate a particular hardware register.

or even better use new camd cardserver with a mosc in your dreambox problem solved.

Since the Kryptview is aimed at the UK and Ireland and it has already been fixed, then then why hasn't someone taken the Kryptview fix and implememented it on a linux box yet?

Is this the state of Nagra 1 systems these days, a small (tiny) number of UK based hackers with the fix but only releasing it for hardware that they want to support or have a financial interest in?

Understandable I suppose, but not quite so good for Linux users.

thanks beany

You can update the keys with the DM500 remote

1: Press Yellow button
2 :Highlight TuxBox/Tuxbox Commander press OK
3 :Scroll down to var and select
4 :Scroll down select keys
5 :Scroll down to Keylist.txt and press 4
this should now show /var/keys/keylist.txt
Highlight the line to be edited and press ok line should now be bigger than the others
use the direction arrows on the remote and move along the line and find the wrong digit on the 00 line
7: Edit Keys

I have a dreambox 500t and I am using evo camd 2.12 , and I have done the above steps and I found the keylist in the afterdawn forum and everything is working fine now, and a BIG THANKS!! :Clap: :BLOBBY: :banana:
Cheers,
Flano. DREAMBOX ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S: It only takes about 5 minutes doing it this way!

glic83 said:
have we anybody on here that has written softcams before?

Yes, but its not easy. For UK/Ireland you require not just the softcam but a full card emulator. You have to try and emulate everything a Rom10 card can do right down to instruction level and the way that the hardware works.

There is some softcam sourcecode available but it tends to be quite old and is mostly meant for the PC rather than dbox/dreambox type platforms (it could, in theory be adapted).

Writing a full Softcam/emulator would be quite a task, even for someone experienced with coding for a dbox/dreambox. It certainly wouldn't happen in the short term !

Since the Kryptview is aimed at the UK and Ireland and it has already been fixed, then then why hasn't someone taken the Kryptview fix and implememented it on a linux box yet?

Is this the state of Nagra 1 systems these days, a small (tiny) number of UK based hackers with the fix but only releasing it for hardware that they want to support or have a financial interest in?

Understandable I suppose, but not quite so good for Linux users.

I think tbh this is a flaw in DREAMBOX/DBOX users way of thinking. They assume because it's Linux then 'somebody' will fix it. When it comes down too it ... who has the motivation/interest/knowledge and tools required to do it... it's always 'somebody else...'

I think tbh this is a flaw in DREAMBOX/DBOX users way of thinking. They assume because it's Linux then 'somebody' will fix it. When it comes down too it ... who has the motivation/interest/knowledge and tools required to do it... it's always 'somebody else...'

Quite true mate, and I'm just as guilty as the rest of them.

But if a solution is available then why isn't it given a general release, whatever happened to the old skool hackers old ideology of free-for-all, commitment to none.

I should add that this doesn't effect me in anyway, I'm not in Ireland and I don't use a linux box for cable, I much prefer my satellite :)

i disagree.

I know a few of my friends that have done some key work on satellite and they get the kick on doing the work rather than watching the working product

Mind you so do I but i am not a good programmer LOL :proud:

But if a solution is available then why isn't it given a general release, whatever happened to the old skool hackers old ideology of free-for-all, commitment to none.

I think that went out of the window when everyone else (the none hackers) stopped thinking for themselves and started assuming fixes were right and not a privilige.

To prove my point further, this thread has become "why won't people release a fix" and now "how can we learn to fix it ourselves".

Last edited:
was talking to a friend who works for chor*s he said expect these trend to continue for a while, take what you want from it im not saying take it as gospel just passing on the info

I think that went out of the window when everyone else (the none hackers) stopped thinking for themselves and started assuming fixes were right and not a privilige.

Agreed mate, you just have to read some of the posts whenever there's a new ecm, some people think they are owed a working solution.

The bottom line is if they want to watch uninterrrupted tv then they should either pay for a subscription or get off their arses and start learning how to do it themselves.

Personally, I'm too thick to learn the ins and outs of it all, but then again I'm not seeking hassle free free tv nor do i complain when it all goes tits up :)

Back