Will the Sky man install the dish were I want?

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
As per the title I'd like my dish to be up close to the top of the house, will he install it there for me or can he install it where he likes?

The last time he came over he refused to even get up on my scaffolding insisting that his ladder was safer, what an idiot!

As per the title I'd like my dish to be up close to the top of the house, will he install it there for me or can he install it where he likes?

The last time he came over he refused to even get up on my scaffolding insisting that his ladder was safer, what an idiot!

Sky installers on the most part are cunts.

They should install where you want it but they'll say they need there height team out.

Sky installers on the most part are cunts.

They should install where you want it but they'll say they need there height team out.

Feckin height team for an ordinary house, the lazy gits want the simplest install possible I guess.

I'll even hold his ladder if it makes him feel safe lol

I had 2 man team come out for my original install, lazy fookers from some 3rd party 1st line digital.
They made up some rubbish about not having a pole,and not being able to fix the dish to the chimmney because it's unsafe..lol...Then they phoned Sky and blagged it that they couldny install as I live in 3 storey hose...which is lies it's a standard 2 storey terrace...lol.
Anyway next weekend rescheduled install....this time 1 guy turns up by himself, and does the same job with no hassle, I helped him a bit with the ladder...he even ran some extra cables and provided an octo lnb.....funny how the dish is installed on the same chimmney which is apparently "unsafe"....
Basically, if it's a diffcult or non-standard job, some of their install engineers just cant be bothered...lazyness..pure and simple..

depends who u get mate,
if you get subbie AVC
then they will do it where u want as they dont need a height team
sky direct wud send height team
i think

I had 2 man team come out for my original install, lazy fookers from some 3rd party 1st line digital.
They made up some rubbish about not having a pole,and not being able to fix the dish to the chimmney because it's unsafe..lol...Then they phoned Sky and blagged it that they couldny install as I live in 3 storey hose...which is lies it's a standard 2 storey terrace...lol.
Anyway next weekend rescheduled install....this time 1 guy turns up by himself, and does the same job with no hassle, I helped him a bit with the ladder...he even ran some extra cables and provided an octo lnb.....funny how the dish is installed on the same chimmney which is apparently "unsafe"....
Basically, if it's a diffcult or non-standard job, some of their install engineers just cant be bothered...lazyness..pure and simple..

Ok so we're starting to see a pattern so far as Sky men are concerned, namely the majority are lazy gits. My install isn't even that difficult, there's a huge platform for the bloke to stand on, if he doesn't want to stand on my scaffold he's welcome to use his own ladder. I wouldn't dare to ask them to install my dish on a chimney, they'd probably fall and take a few tiles with them, mrs munkey would give me slaps.

I think I'll plead with him when he arrives tomorrow, failing that I'll have a a go myself, it can't be too difficult..

edit - it's an official sky man in his official van fisco, cmon a height team for 6 meters high, bunch of pansies.

Ok so we're starting to see a pattern so far as Sky men are concerned, namely the majority are lazy gits. My install isn't even that difficult, there's a huge platform for the bloke to stand on, if he doesn't want to stand on my scaffold he's welcome to use his own ladder. I wouldn't dare to ask them to install my dish on a chimney, they'd probably fall and take a few tiles with them, mrs munkey would give me slaps.

I think I'll plead with him when he arrives tomorrow, failing that I'll have a a go myself, it can't be too difficult..

edit - it's an official sky man in his official van fisco, cmon a height team for 6 meters high, bunch of pansies.

Sky have a strict health and saftey policy. This is why they dont do it. If they did and where caught then they loose their job.
I got a sky guy and he done a great job. Not a cable to be seen inside or out.
The neigbour got a subby who threw a white cable over a black roof,
So the sky boys are not all bad

i had mine installed from offical sky team 2 guys came and wouldnt put it about 20ft up lol
either that or send a height team in end they put it on me garden fence pole lol
had to move it me self lol

it could be worse you could get a subbie like me lool

Best to do yourself, or pay for an independant to install exactly how you want.
Certainly its best to realise that if there is an 'easier' place for the dish to go then a sky installer will be unlikely to put it where you want. You also have to keep in mind that any maintenance or repair will be affected by dish location, as many engineers wont touch it if its a difficult location. -This can be most annoying when you have no tv for a week, until someone eventually agrees the job after a couple of refusals.

they usually install it at the easiest place.
about a year ago, my mum was sort of talked(not by me) into having a basic sky set-up, when it was arreanged for them to do it, i made sure i wasn't there ortherwise i'd told'em to 'go forth and multiply'. anyway, when they came round to 'do it', they were there for about 10mins and left cos they nowhere to put the dish apart from front of the house, below downstairs window line, even though there is a 1.2m(done it myself 10yars ago) dish on on the roof.

i dont think they are allowed to install to roof mate.

as for them installing it where its 'easiest'
just stick stuff to the wall where you DONT want the dish.
get some copper pipes coming out of the wall or loosen some bricks up ;)

just make it as difficult as possible for them so they have no other choice.
i'll be getting my install in a few weeks. will bear all of this in mind.

atm i'm trying to look for a sky guy that will sell me some of the gear inside his van.

Back