Which ways of hooking CCTV to PC?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows of ways to hook home CCTV to a PC im talking about the type of camers you get from Argos, B&Q etc.

I have pair of Micromark cameras from B&Q connected to a VCR but I dont like the quality and think its abit old fashioned way of doing. Was thinking about maybe hooking it up to a PC somehow but it has a scart connector on the end.

If anyone has a setup they would like to share or any tips and adivce please post :D

mate think it might b hard to link it straight from the camera to the pc cos the pc ant got a scart input dont know if u can buy a scart to usb converter or get one made up u will prob need to get the camera conected to the vcr and use the the av cable and conect it to the pc that way thats the way i done it but i used a device called dazzle its used for editing camcorder films hope this is of some use to you mate

Just seen this on the Maplins site: 4 Channel CCTV DVR Digital Video Recorder looks like what I need but pricey at £299.99.

Think its time to see what I can find on google :D

i have my driveway monitored via cctv camera and have a GRAND X GUARD USB hub that allows 4 cameras to be connected at once and uses a software called X GUARD USB which has motion detect to start recording to hard drive when needed.

got my stuff from ebay. camera, hub, software etc.

One of these, htp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CHANNEL-AUDIO-VIDEO-DVR-CARD-MPEG-4-BNC-ADAPTORS_W0QQitemZ9742921097QQcategoryZ48632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its similar to what we use at my dads pub, it uses the same SW

U could get an old TV card or graphics card with VIVO or TV-IN. Get a SCART to Svid converter

Ive had a few graphics cards with.

I use a AVER media anlogue Card to watch/ record my cable tv.
My ma uses a MSI FX5600-VTDR128.

Both thru scart to svid.

If it can do SKY MOVIES 1 then CCTV not gunna phase it.

You can even use nero to edit ure pictures and make a DVD to sell.
Make crime pay for u :proud:.

if your going to do that u will prob need the other end of a scart like the female end i tryed b4 to get one from a shop called tandy the guy wanted a fortune for it tho

How about something like this , if you gotta spend some money on buying other bits here is an simple solution .

h*tp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-CCTV-CAMERA-RECEIVER-USB-LINK-TO-PC_W0QQitemZ7630248894QQcategoryZ45089QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

dannyboy2 said:
if your going to do that u will prob need the other end of a scart like the female end i tryed b4 to get one from a shop called tandy the guy wanted a fortune for it tho

I'd be very supprised if the output on the cctv will be male Scart. Ive seen several cctv's with SCART and all of them are female. ie for standard Scart lead, male to male.

I almost gave up on this but after going to the manufacturer website I found this Scart Socket To Phono Adaptor
MM23083.jpg

Which is exactly what im after, purchased it today cost £10 and should be here in a few days, I dont know why I didnt go to that site first lol

Back