What do you do to keep your home safe?

It doesn't have to be valuable it can be personal, sentimental items say ornament or cheap jewelry old watch . Then there's passports and documents which are a mare to replace and plus the fact you know some f**kin scrots been mauling through your private property. Mines as secure as it can be with a nice little added hidden bonus if they enter the shed.
I just hope that if they break in the shed while I'm in bed the screams don't wake me up, filed down razor edged rat traps don't half cut through a banana

Sentimental items are the worse to lose or have stolen :mad:
Cash/Tv/Stereo/Pc/Car/Bike/Guitar/Documents etc etc easy replaced but sentimental items can never be replaced.

Reactions: Rat
Thats another thing Ive invested in a Safe bolted to a wall inside a cupboard :)

I used to have a 30ft perimeter wall and bars on the windows but I am out now.
Sorry I could not resist it lol..
I have bugler alarm, security lights, decent locks and a dog that barks it head off if hears anyone come near the house..

I also have a few built in concealed spaces. Whether it's in a wall cavity or in furniture I think they are a good idea.

We never keep cash, I have a burglar alarm, and a bolted safe but the safe is just for passports etc.
all our electronic items have insurance so nothing that cannot be replaced.
Photos and pictures are all backed up on dropbox and google drive.
We don't really have anything sentimental, wedding rings etc we wear?

Mick

Nothing whatsoever. I regularly forget to lock the door before going to bed.
Material things can be replaced, I wouldn't dream of confronting an intruder or trying to stand in his way.

I'm more concerned about my online safety and identity theft to be honest but am well clued up. My neighbourhood is relatively crime free but it never surprises me to see the boxes from recent purchases on the pavement for recycling. It may be one in the eyes for the neighbour but is also an invitation card to a burglar

Nothing whatsoever. I regularly forget to lock the door before going to bed.
Material things can be replaced, I wouldn't dream of confronting an intruder or trying to stand in his way.

I'm more concerned about my online safety and identity theft to be honest but am well clued up. My neighbourhood is relatively crime free but it never surprises me to see the boxes from recent purchases on the pavement for recycling. It may be one in the eyes for the neighbour but is also an invitation card to a burglar
It only takes the once your a burglary waiting to happen and as for material things can be replaced ? sentimental heirlooms that were handed down and of no sell on value can never be replaced. It's rare these days to find anyone who's never had an attempt at stealing from their property or a neighbor close by.
There's a simple way to stop online theft, do go on anywhere were you leave your details Facebook or any social media then they've nothing to steal no trail, no trace.
I prefer not to go on Facebook after a visit to say Asda and tell the world how much up has beans go up, or, "I'm in the pub having a steak" then a smiley arsehole picture , like I and many more truly giving a flying fook

As I said I'm well clued up on online safety and identity theft. I have been shredding for a number of years now but that is my only real security "phobia".
Figures I have looked at suggest around 2.5% of people suffer a burglary or attempt so it is far from being rare to find someone who hasn't been a victim, I don't know anyone who's been burgled either.
There is absolutely nothing in my house that I would consider irreplaceable, financially or emotionally. Is the guy down the street with hundreds of pounds of security equipment suffering from security or insecurity? It's a bit like is the glass half full or half empty.

A lot depends on the area you live in as well obviously. I'm town centre where shops and cars are attacked fairly regularly but the houses suffer rare burglaries or intrusions. There is a large Asian community also who tend not to go out much so my area is quite secure

Like I said, there's plenty out there who are like yourself but it only takes the once. The one thing you never get back fully is your privacy. Just the thought that someone's been in your home and sometimes while your upstairs ? and possibly kids ?, it might not be the case for you but is for plenty others.

If they break in and nick your phone/ipad/PC/Laptop/android/bank statements/Drivers licence/passport/credit card/ that in my eyes that's as good as nicking your online details and the idea of online theft security out the window. Next you'll be saying you don't have any of them at which point I'll start thinking you live in a wigwam and you send mail via pigeon :) to say you have nothing worth or meaning to you I don't believe sorry

all i have is a giant kitchen knife in close to hand when im in bed. years ago when i live at me mums my bro was out for the night and got in a bit of trouble. it was 4 o clock in the morning and i was laying in bed toking a doobie. the next thing my bedroom door open and 2 cops came in flashing a torch in my face and over here every cop is armed these filth were souped up with machine guns lol. luckily when i told them my name and found my bro was still out the fked off. not before me and my ma gave them a load of shit for kicking the door in.

all that typing just to say. i was laying in bed toking a dooble. 2 jeeps, 6 pigs souped up banging on the door eventually kicking it in and i hadnt a clue uptill the were shining a torch in my face. luckily nothing was said about the weed. thank fk. and the door, wee bit of damage. the part of the lock thats screwed to the frame came off 2 screwed sorted it.

i have the knife because one time when i was living in a flat i was laying in bed. we always keept the bedroom door open so the cat could come in and out and that ment i could see the door. it was the midde of the night and again i was toking a doob in bed. but then i seen the door handle go down. some **** was trying the door just incase it wasnt locked. i let it slide i didnt even be bothered getting out of bed butg since then i have a big giant kitchen knife close to hand. wtf im typing like fk tonight hahaha

all i have is a giant kitchen knife in close to hand when im in bed. years ago when i live at me mums my bro was out for the night and got in a bit of trouble. it was 4 o clock in the morning and i was laying in bed toking a doobie. the next thing my bedroom door open and 2 cops came in flashing a torch in my face and over here every cop is armed these filth were souped up with machine guns lol. luckily when i told them my name and found my bro was still out the fked off. not before me and my ma gave them a load of shit for kicking the door in.

all that typing just to say. i was laying in bed toking a dooble. 2 jeeps, 6 pigs souped up banging on the door eventually kicking it in and i hadnt a clue uptill the were shining a torch in my face. luckily nothing was said about the weed. thank fk. and the door, wee bit of damage. the part of the lock thats screwed to the frame came off 2 screwed sorted it.

i have the knife because one time when i was living in a flat i was laying in bed. we always keept the bedroom door open so the cat could come in and out and that ment i could see the door. it was the midde of the night and again i was toking a doob in bed. but then i seen the door handle go down. some **** was trying the door just incase it wasnt locked. i let it slide i didnt even be bothered getting out of bed butg since then i have a big giant kitchen knife close to hand. wtf im typing like fk tonight hahaha

When typing this where you smoking a Doobie
by any chance🙄🤔😵😉

Hey @avid. Haha tbh buddy I am overloaded on prescription drugs and blasting on me vapourizer.. I won't toke doobs anymore because of me lungs are bad. But I also have a vapourizer I use in bed a vape pen for weed. As you can see I typed me fingers off overnight over a wide range of topics. lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey @avid. Haha tbh buddy I am overloaded on prescription drugs and blasting on me vapourizer.. I won't toke doobs anymore because of me lungs are bad. But I also have a vapourizer I use in bed a vape pen for weed. As you can see I typed me fingers off overnight over a wide range of topics. lol.

Yes I did see some of your posts and the one in the live lounge thread was more suited for the adult section 🤔😬

Should I delete it avid I didn't even know there is an adult sextion

Back